Rubies Stormtrooper Blaster (catalog #30557)

Tan Djarka

Sr Member
I know someone posted something on it in another thread, but I can't for the life of me figure out where.

I'm wondering has anyone actually physically seen one of these? The Rubies catalog and the aforementioned post only has one of those questionable photoshopped images (much like advanced images of the Han Solo blaster). Given the quality of the Solo piece, I'm hoping the trooper blaster will also be a candidate for an easy repaint or modification.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Okay. That's better info than I had, which was nothing. Thanks. I'd checked the Spirit Halloween shops, but to be honest, they didn't and still don't have the Solo blaster so... My hopes weren't high to begin with. I actually found the Solo blaster in thrift shop. That, and the original (NOT orange and white) Jango blasters. Worst case scenario, maybe I can get a year 'round costume store nearby to order me one (though I'd like to at least see the actual product first).

I wouldn't rely on Spirits. The one here does not have any adult Star Wars on the shelf and most of there selection is online only.

when the clone blaster rifle came out, I first saw it at WalMart. But then if you look at items like the gaffi stick, Ashoka, and Plo Koon lightsaber, those have been out for years and I have never seen them in person, only online.

The other thing is if these items are expected available at or after the first week of October, then I don't expect to see them in stores for Halloween because I don't tend to see stores restocking holiday items that close to the actual holiday.

Also... i will go out on a limb and say that the image is going to be pretty close to what you get. In the past, such items are obvious PS where they used a real image of a prop (or prop replica) and manipulated the color. I would say from the soft detailing and lack of other detailing that it is "close-to" or "is" the final piece.

Now the lightsabers.. I don't know about those. I was looking at the promotional shots of the Ezra and Kanan costumes and it looks like they even ps'ed the lightsabers in their hands, like they only exist in artwork.

Last edited:
I had one of the Han Solo blasters and I have to say, for a super cheap toy, with some spray paint and patience it made for a really cool, not terribly inaccurate prop. I hope I can get one of these stormtrooper blasters and do the same thing. It would be a nice lightweight trooping blaster. I'd venture a guess that it probably has a neat soundboard in it too and with the addition of a cheap LED, you have a "functional" stormtrooper blaster for like, 20 bucks or so. I'm in!

If it does have sound, hopefully it's better than the Jango Fett blasters... Ugh, those things were terrible. The sound... They called it "movie accurate" sound effects but no blaster in Star Wars ever sounded like that. They used some funky space gun sound effect that sounded like something out of a bad 40's sci-fi movie. >>;;

I think it should be pointed out that it appears this version of the E-11 is modeled in conjunction with their Rebels line. Therefore you should only expect a level of detail in line with what you see illustrated on the show. Not that I have an issue with it, just thought I would eliminate any misconceptions about this item.

806754.jpg

10626433_360724314084198_6847737834624823656_o.jpg

Last edited:
Maganatomic grip AND Ballon Barrel........LMFO....:lol:lol

The Magnetomatic Pipe and Cable Locator is a highly sensitive instrument designed to locate pipes and cables underground or underwater....LOL!!!

I want one!....:facepalm.....;)

They really could have done a better job. This may be ok for trooping due to its light weight, but it would be too much work to try and make it look more accurate. Its best to start from scratch if you want something more detailed.

TazMan2000

I'm really confused at the reaction to this item. :confused

Maganatomic grip AND Ballon Barrel........LMFO....:lol:lol

The Magnetomatic Pipe and Cable Locator is a highly sensitive instrument designed to locate pipes and cables underground or underwater....LOL!!!

I want one!....:facepalm.....;)

How does Magan = Magnet?

They really could have done a better job. This may be ok for trooping due to its light weight, but it would be too much work to try and make it look more accurate. Its best to start from scratch if you want something more detailed.

TazMan2000

As I stated above, this does not appear to be an attempt at a movie used prop but rather the attempt to replicate the version from Rebels. This forum has many members who have done builds to replicate weapons/gear as seen in the animated shows so this is a legitimate project if someone was interested in doing something with this item. One thing I do know is never underestimate this board and its members in turning a hunk of plastic into a great looking prop replica.

I know it's a nitpick but it's the wrong scope for the ANH blaster.

It is also the wrong scope for Alice in Wonderland but I do not see anything that indicates it was trying to replicate an item from either of those movies.

Last edited:
re: the Jango blasters, the sound changed over time. When AOTC came out, they did make the Jango sound. Since then, it's corny ray gun sound. Not just the white & orange ones, some of the "silver/blue" ones make the ray gun sound too. I've bought something like 3-4 on eBay trying to find one with the old sound. I'm about to say the heck with it and rob a Boba rifle of the sound.

Anyway, if these Rebels-version blasters are like any other (Hasbro E-11, Hasbro RFT, Rubies/whoever Han Solo), should be easy/fun to paint. Looking forward to getting a few.

I'm really confused at the reaction to this item

It's called...having fun:lol.......it looks like a kids toy from a cartoon, which in truth it is.....I don't see anyone being disrespectful to any board members abilities and/or passion for prop building........people are making observations and sharing their opinions.......that's the whole point of forums;)......personally I would probably buy one and see what can be done with it......remember opinions are like a-holes, everyone's got one....yes, I know I just called myself an a-hole:rolleyes....lol

One of the cool thing about Rubies blasters is that since they are costume accessories which are also used with adult costumes, they tend to be larger than Hasbro blasters and at or near the correct scale. It's too bad that whatever reason they had to do the Solo blaster scope the way they did, or else that would have cleaned up easy.

I myself did a quickie mod to to Padme's blaster that is in my collection.

Attachments

• 13771.jpg
    13771.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 219
I understand your point regarding it being a representation from the animated series, however, it looks as if it clearly is a poor representation from that series according to the graphic. In the graphic it has a detailed grip, buttstock and front sight. The Rubies version looks like it was all filled in with clay in order to get a quick and easy moulding....and that's fine. It's just a shame that they couldn't have went a bit further like Hasbro has with the buttstock being a rotatable item and somewhat usable.

As for a conversion to a E-11 as a replica....well....good luck to those who attempt this.

TazMan2000

I think it should be pointed out that it appears this version of the E-11 is modeled in conjunction with their Rebels line. Therefore you should only expect a level of detail in line with what you see illustrated on the show. Not that I have an issue with it, just thought I would eliminate any misconceptions about this item.

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/806754.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd....433_360724314084198_6847737834624823656_o.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back