RS Props Y-wing helmet

IMG_5697.jpg

I think RS really knocked these out of the park though.

That's what they do!

Waiting for mine (#39) as they proceed through the run now. Looking forward to adding it to my collection.

Congrats to all who are getting theirs in the first wave...

Dan

Looks like an RS Y-Wing kind of day, mine arrived too. Overall, RS did a great job. It’s a very complex paint job to ’reproduce’ over 100 helmets. I do think it’s a bit heavy on the airbrushing in some parts, but that seems to be common with a lot of these. But it’s a neat piece with a lot of details!

Last edited:
Y wing 24 checking in. Pics soon. Over all it is my dream helmet. On an even better note, my y wing helmet project I have been working on for a very long time, the shapes are very consistent. So I got that going for me.

I will post comparison pics if that is ok, not to high jack the thread.

EDIT: Pics added, the grey is my work in progress

IMG_3353.JPG

IMG_3354.JPG

IMG_3352.JPG
IMG_3350.JPG
IMG_3355.JPG
IMG_3349.JPG
IMG_3347.JPG
IMG_3345.JPG

Last edited:
What I like is the fact RS study reference pictures in detail and try to reproduce even the smallest details.
On the actual helmet, the short tape trim is skewed- something RS have done on their helmets (I actually straightened mine till I realised it was supposed to be like that!).

Attachments

• D90FC83D-040D-4CBF-8A1F-11083E63C0CF.jpeg
    D90FC83D-040D-4CBF-8A1F-11083E63C0CF.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 178
What I like is the fact RS study reference pictures in detail and try to reproduce even the smallest details.
On the actual helmet, the short tape trim is skewed- something RS have done on their helmets (I actually straightened mine till I realised it was supposed to be like that!).
HAA!! I almost "fixed" mine too. However, once I saw that ecl & DOGFOX2109 helmets were the same, I figured it was supposed to be that way. & now your photo shows that to be correct :D (y)

Has anyone past #30 received a final invoice for the remaining balance yet? I just want to make sure I didn't miss an email from them or something. I believe I'm #37

I am #31 but not received final invoice yet. We are in the 2nd wave and that will take a while. But I hope not for more weeks
Based on the photos that showed the first batch completed and the rest with no paint at all, it could be a while before the second batch is ready. These probably take a while to paint with how many colors and layers are involved.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back