RS Props Lineage BOUSHH Helmet

Pepperbone

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I love the helmet, and I know RS is serious about making a kick-ass replica.
I also know costs of everything have gone way up (except my salary) and a lot of people at that studio will be working on it, explaining the high price, but this one's out of reach for me.

But for those who are interested, pre-order begin tomorrow >

"This is a Limited Edition Helmet, no more than 100 will be released. It is also a signature Edition Helmet. The name of the signee will be announced in the coming weeks, but rest assured the signature to accompany this helmet is befitting the special project this is. We are proud and excited about who is signing this one.

The helmet is a vacuum formed shell with further vacuum formed panels cut from a second shell and attached to its exterior. These forming are created from moulds taken from production made pieces. Around the helmet is an assortment of greeblies created from castings of model kit parts, all of which are re-created from the original model kits.

The helmet is assembled and painted using the best known reference material and of course Archive X enamel paint.

Finally we have the real leather wraps and strap and electronic lights to finish the helmet, one of the most unique and distinctive from the original trilogy. A display stand will be included as with all signature edition helmets, but this time something a little more special to reflect the status of this very special helmet. More details to follow.

Timescale and Delivery
Unlike previous runs of this kind the team are coming together to assemble, paint and finish this project as a team. We anticipate a six month completion from the start of the painting phase. Starting the project ahead of time will ensure we can deliver these helmets before the end of the year, fitting for the 40th Anniversary of the helmets arrival in The Return of the Jedi.

Pre-Order Opens Wednesday 26th 8PM (BST)

Pricing and Payments

With the delivery taking an estimated six months we are offering this helmet with a payment plan over a six month period of six equal payments. No upfront total payment is possible.

Payments will be 6 x £333.33 (£1999.98 total) including shipping.

This is a special project and one that the whole team will be working on to deliver a difficult helmet to replicate in a much more timely manner than we have ever undertaken before. This timeframe will mean we will be restricting other projects and commissions during this period to ensure we can meet the goals set. The next few months will be a special time for the team, be sure to follow us across our social media as we assemble and complete a helmet that will always be part of our legacy in the prop community.

So, with pure excitement for such a special project we look forward to the following months building these helmets for the greatest community we could hope for, all you guys that support us and make these projects possible.
"

Last edited:
Man, I had been looking forward to this one forever, but that price is *way* higher than I anticipated based on all their other limited run helmets they've done. I'm sure they'll sell out no problem but this one will hurt to pass on.

Man, I had been looking forward to this one forever, but that price is *way* higher than I anticipated based on all their other limited run helmets they've done. I'm sure they'll sell out no problem but this one will hurt to pass on.
I feel your pain. The six payments will help, but I’m definitely going to need to sell some nice collectibles to make up for the expense.

I think the price is warranted based on other limited runs. This one has lineage, paint, electronics, leather, and a signature.

I’d rather see RS get the money than the people who buy them and immediately flip them on eBay. I think this price might help deter some of that.

*edit: I wanted to add that unfortunately, it may have priced me out of trying to get one also. Other things I’m saving up for also.

Last edited:
Btw are these the molds sold at propstore?

The molds were sold for around 5000£. That’s 50£ / helmet.

These were the "safety" moulds for the Boushh's helmet. They were created by pouring plaster into vacuum-formed plastic castings of the front and back of Boushh's helmet, to have an extra set of moulds in case they were needed for production.

That also means that there is no direct linage to the original helmet.

That’s how lineage molds of formed plastic helmets are made. They take them from the inside of the helmet because that surface is what touched the production buck.

That’s how lineage molds of formed plastic helmets are made. They take them from the inside of the helmet because that surface is what touched the production buck.
The molds sold at propstore were not used for production. These molds were never used to produce a helmet for the movie. Do they still have linage because the molds (safety and production) were made from a master mold or is each mold made on it’s own?

The molds sold at propstore were not used for production. These molds were never used to produce a helmet for the movie. Do they still have linage because the molds (safety and production) were made from a master mold or is each mold made on it’s own?
Everything is derived from a sculpt. RS has always said that this helmet has lineage to production made molds, they never said it was directly from the screen used helmet.

My question is:

Are the RS molds made from a production made piece which was made from the same molds as the original helmet or is it made from the molds sold at propstore. Because these have no linage to the original helmet. Did RS publish a WIP of the molds?

It was a mold of the inside of the production made vacuum formed plastic. This replicates the buck. It’s exactly what RS would have done to make their mold/buck for their stormtroopers. It’s the best way to guarantee the detail and shape after forming is the same as the production used pieces.

It was a mold of the inside of the production made vacuum formed plastic. This replicates the buck. It’s exactly what RS would have done to make their mold/buck for their stormtroopers. It’s the best way to guarantee the detail and shape after forming is the same as the production used pieces.

Don’t understand me wrong. I‘m just curious about the WIP and where the pieces come from. As other prop builders get asked, too to proof their linage and so on. And it’s always better to know the history.

They had some videos showing them working on the helmet. The casting to make a vac form buck. Real parts added to that.

They had some videos showing them working on the helmet. The casting to make a vac form buck. Real parts added to that.

Yes. But i mean pics / videos of the original cast and a WIP how the mold was made not a video showing them working on the helmet.

Here is a quick comparison of the propstore safety mold and the RS mold.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    218.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.png
    2.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 3.png
    3.png
    268.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 4.png
    4.png
    252.9 KB · Views: 141
I don’t think they show the creation because sometimes makers add tells during this process. The safety mold and buck appear to match to me. Maybe SiMan can help answer your questions.

Last edited:
I don’t think they show the creation because sometimes makers add tells during this process. The safety mold and buck appear to match to me. Maybe SiMan can help answer your questions.

The original helmet has no edge nick and e.g. the visor is wider on the original than on the safety mold. But the RS mold and the safety mold match. So i think the RS mold is based on that one.

Last edited:
I'm kind of sad that I will have to pass on this. I had been looking forward it to it for a long time and expected it to be expensive, but not nearly that much.

In USD it is approximately $2500 at the moment. I was prepared to spend maybe $1500 at most. The USD-to-GBP currency rate has been slowly worsening so it could end up being more than $2500 over the course of the payment plan.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back