RS Props ANH Stormtrooper replica suit - a WIP thread

R2Dan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
looking good there Rob :)

Does your finishing strip on the thigh go all the way down?

R2Dan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes, it's a sculpted piece. Rob sculpted the left biceps and forearm for those who want it.

Bobtherocker

Hey Dan,
You couldnt post up a picture of your right thigh piece could you?
I'm having a hell of a time trying to line the two halves up and would love to see how you have done yours.
Cheers
Si

R2Dan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi mate! I know what's troubling you there. Having seen the original, it's correct that it won't fit together properly though. I will take a pic for you that should help you figuring it out, as I've followed the pics I've taken from the original :)

RoCKo

Sr Member
Any updates, Dan! Can´t wait to see new pictures!
I´m about to get a suit too, will PM you later!

R2Dan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Not much progress lately. Well, that's not entirely true. I've been busy bending strapping brackets to strap it like the real deal :) Doing sets for Rob and Si too, so they can offer an accurate strapping kit soon as well!

B

baldormoline

This is turning out to be an excellent armor build! Keep it up!!

R2Dan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
to be honest I am - not for my suit, but for the guys.
There should be more progress on the suit soon - right now real life is getting in the way (and the new chat room here... LOL)

Bobtherocker

Not much progress lately. Well, that's not entirely true. I've been busy bending strapping brackets to strap it like the real deal :) Doing sets for Rob and Si too, so they can offer an accurate strapping kit soon as well!
hey Dan,
Got any tips on bending the wire to make these brackets?

I'm using piano wire, not sure what gauge.
I've not had much experience bending wire and my first attempt at making a bracket is pretty poor LOL

R2Dan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
practice! My first tries were devastating as well. Or just PM me and I can get you a set ;)

R2Dan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay guys. I've pretty much finished this build, except for a few small things.

I'll have detailed pics up later today, here's some of my first testfit and one showing it on the mannequin:

Mannequin pic first:

And the testfit (sorry, these turned out not so well):