RS Props ANH Stormtrooper replica suit - a WIP thread

I also finished assembling the right arm:
298729_1559753169438_1703576618_867630_1621716131_n.jpg

And here's a comparison:
320666_1559764489721_1703576618_867631_1241843392_n.jpg

Oh man I love how those shoulder bells look and they let you wear the original. How cool is that. Nice work Dan!!!

Ben

Oh man I love how those shoulder bells look and they let you wear the original. How cool is that. Nice work Dan!!!

Ben

Yep. That was pretty amazing :) I have more pics of me wearing the helmet as well. Might post one up later... I simply couldn't resist the urge to put it on.

I'm still grateful Rob and Si invited me over to play with it... I won't forget this anytime soon!

Yep. That was pretty amazing :) I have more pics of me wearing the helmet as well. Might post one up later... I simply couldn't resist the urge to put it on.

I'm still grateful Rob and Si invited me over to play with it... I won't forget this anytime soon!

I`m always happy to see more pics of the original.No matter how many you see it`s still incredible.I`m so envious of you playing with the suit,you lucky bugger.:)

Ben

I totally understand your decision! I'll get another suit for the mannequin in ABS later on, but this in PVC is simply the ultimate trooping gear.

I'm 5'8", or 1,73m, the legs fit pretty much like the ones from TM (my old armour)
which looks like this all finished up:
26243_1112319063865_1703576618_224602_7799741_n.jpg
Aren't you a little shor...oh, never mind. ;)

Lookin' good so far. IMHO, the Stormtrooper is one of the best movie costumes ever created. I never grow tired of seeing them. :)

Aren't you a little shor...oh, never mind. ;)

Looking at the guys who originally were in the suits, I'll have to say, no, not really. At least not much. They weren't much taller than me (maybe an inch), but they were a lot thinner back in the day :D

Amazing pictures, Dan! Great to see the first pictures coming up from the RS suit!
Could you please post the video on a host like Photobucket so that everyone can watch it!
(I really don´t want to take part in the facebook sh...!)

Also please post all pics you have as i can´t wait for more pictures of the original suit! :love:thumbsup

I´m absolutely convinced about this new suit.
I hold the parts in my hands and also the color of the parts; perfect.
This will be a new Star beside the other great suits of TM and TE :thumbsup

Hey Dan,
The plastic part of the original belt looks really thin. Do you know is it actually ABS plastic or some other material?
Build looks ace so far :thumbsup

it looks and feels like ABS to me, about 1.5 mm I'd say. It's not as thin as the 1mm suits out there, but not overly thick either. hard to say.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back