RS Propmasters X-Wing Helmets

RS is bending over backwards to please you guys and you‘re still complaining. They have already said that they will be more transparent with releases through their email newsletter in addition to their YouTube channel, and this started with the recent Sandtrooper helmet release.

RS’s popularity has grown considerably over the last several years, and a great deal of the growth has been through the Facebook groups, not just message boards like RPF. The RS crew are good friends with many of the admins in these groups and wanted to do something special for these communities. The exclusives have happened, and exclusives could even happen again in the future. There is no cost to join these groups, so if you miss out there is only one person to blame, and it isn’t anyone from RS.

RS is bending over backwards to please you guys and you‘re still complaining. They have already said that they will be more transparent with releases through their email newsletter in addition to their YouTube channel, and this started with the recent Sandtrooper helmet release.

RS’s popularity has grown considerably over the last several years, and a great deal of the growth has been through the Facebook groups, not just message boards like RPF. The RS crew are good friends with many of the admins in these groups and wanted to do something special for these communities. The exclusives have happened, and exclusives could even happen again in the future. There is no cost to join these groups, so if you miss out there is only one person to blame, and it isn’t anyone from RS.
If I'm not on facebook, how am I supposed to know to join facebook for an exclusive? What if I don't want to join facebook?

I wouldn't call it bending over backwards to ensure your customers are aware of all new items being released. I'd call that standard business practice. I've bought plenty from RS in the past few years. I'd say I'm a loyal customer. Has RS reached out to me and said, "Heads up, Ron. We're going to be offering exclusives through facebook now if you could sign up."? If I chose not to at that point, then it's on me.

Anyway, this is all a moot point if the Hyperdrive group initiated the signature run and commissioned RS to make the helmets. That's a different matter and I don't have an issue with it. I only have an issue if I, a loyal RS customer, missed out on an official RS product because it was offered through an uncommon channel.

I have recently been accepted into The Hyperdrive Facebook group. Now I see they do many signature plaques, sometimes with a prop or helmet. The Dak helmet was one of many signature items they offered. If you are interested in signature plaques, it appears to be a good group to belong to.

Hopefully if there are other RS exclusives in the future there will be enough advance notice to join whatever group that is an exclusive for.

This may be a bit of a silly one, but does anybody here have access to both an RS and a Black Series X-Wing helmet?

Could you please take a picture of them side by side? I'd like to see how big the size difference would come out. Right now, the Black Series version is a very tight squeeze on my head when I have the ear donuts in. I'd like to get something a little nicer down the line, but I'm concerned about sizing.

Thanks!

This may be a bit of a silly one, but does anybody here have access to both an RS and a Black Series X-Wing helmet?

Could you please take a picture of them side by side? I'd like to see how big the size difference would come out. Right now, the Black Series version is a very tight squeeze on my head when I have the ear donuts in. I'd like to get something a little nicer down the line, but I'm concerned about sizing.

Thanks!
I don’t have the black series helmet, but the RS helmet is fairly small.

The RS may be a tad narrower. In any case if the Black Series is too tight the RS wont fit any better.

B8A1A63A-102D-4492-BB99-D07D4ABC3FA1.jpeg
ACFBF5F0-FEF0-47F2-B00B-37331D2BDE07.jpeg

Got to give it to Hasbro. They really nailed it for a $90 helmet.

I love all three of mine, Plus the Disney version of Luke's has a clearer visor and the visor goes up and down.

Still hoping to snag a Gold Leader from RS if they ever make it available and I don't miss out.

Thanks!

I don't own a Black Series but I have an RS. If I try to put it on with the ear muffs in it half rips my ears off, but it's okay if I remove the earmuffs.

I didn't think I had such a big head! :(

I've currently got everything crossed and am awaiting a PM from the Hyperdrive to see if I've made the 100.
Looking at the chronological order of the comments on the FB post then it looks like I have

Update - Just had a PM confirming I got one :)

Last edited:
I've currently got everything crossed and am awaiting a PM from the Hyperdrive to see if I've made the 100.
Looking at the chronological order of the comments on the FB post then it looks like I have

Update - Just had a PM confirming I got one :)
Still waiting to hear. If I go chronological, I should be 76th... Congrats on getting in!

I was hoping to get a custom RS Red leader helmet from ANH made. Was told they're not doing customs right now. Not sure if I want to go the Denuo Novo route as the shape of their x-wing helps appear to be a bit too wide?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back