RS Propmasters X-Wing Helmets

Still waiting for the Y-wing helmet. It’s been a few months since we ordered those, hopefully RS gets them finished soon.

Oh and if you are listening RS....please...please...if there is any chance at all, make a General Veers AT AT Signature Edition helmet.

Just do it! : )

General veers prototype has been built , but a public run of these in all honesty won't appear until 2020 .
As always greeblies and goggle straps are proving problematic .
This information comes from talking to the guys at RS , and isn't the RS official line . I have no actual insider knowledge !

Dan would you mind posting pics of the plaques that came with porkins and red leader please, would love to see how they look

No plaques per se (I did not request anything special) - they included Certificates of Authenticity showing their creation there at RS...

5D3_0225_small.jpg

Dan

I recently ordered a Colin Michael Kitchens Sandtrooper helmet. The plaque says Artist Proof instead of a number. Do they normally have some of those in addition to the numbered helmets?

Still waiting for the Y-wing helmet. It’s been a few months since we ordered those, hopefully RS gets them finished soon.

Oh and if you are listening RS....please...please...if there is any chance at all, make a General Veers AT AT Signature Edition helmet.

Just do it! : )
The Y Wing was just a deposit. Most of the payment is still to come. Did they say the full price ? Did they indicate when they expected to deliver those?

Hopefully there will be normal releases of the Porkins, Red Leader, Gold Leader, and Jedi training remote helmets. Are there any others you would like to see?

It's surprising that there really wasn't much in ESB and ROTJ as far as new interesting pilot helmets.

Cool did you get a stand with them too

No, but again I didn't specifically ask/pay for one. I think those are only 'standard' with their signature edition releases.

I'm actually still working out my whole display strategy/design anyway. I have FAR more stuff than I have room to display at the moment. Hopefully that'll be changing soon with a dedicated display floor...

Dan

Dan, might I ask how much the helmets have cost you?

The signature helmets have been around £300 to £350. Is the price without stand and signature significantly different, or do they charge more because they're 'one off' commissions rather than being painted as a part of a batch?

I ordered a second stand with the Red 4 helmet. They charged me 35 pounds more for the extra stand.

I wanted another of the current stand to put one of the older RS stormtrooper helmets on.

I ordered a second stand with the Red 4 helmet. They charged me 35 pounds more for the extra stand.

I wanted another of the current stand to put one of the older RS stormtrooper helmets on.

Did you get a plaque for the trooper helmet too to go with it. Dying to get my wedge one soon

Did you get a plaque for the trooper helmet too to go with it. Dying to get my wedge one soon
The trooper helmet is a Jim Dowdall signature edition so it came with a stand and plaque, but the stand was the old style tall stand. All of my other RS helmets have the newer stand. I wanted the Dowdall helmet to look consistent.

I don't know if you can order a plaque from RS for a commission helmet.

The trooper helmet is a Jim Dowdall signature edition so it came with a stand and plaque, but the stand was the old style tall stand. All of my other RS helmets have the newer stand. I wanted the Dowdall helmet to look consistent.

I don't know if you can order a plaque from RS for a commission helmet.

If you can’t check out xibit.space it’s where the RS ones come from

If you can’t check out xibit.space it’s where the RS ones come from
Unfortunately for me a single stand ordered from xibit.space will cost $75.90 with shipping to USA. It was much cheaper to have RS add another stand to a helmet order.

When I ordered the Collin Michael Kitchens Sandtrooper helmet, the stand box was taped to the outside of the helmet box. The stand box is normally put inside the x-wing helmet box because those helmets take up less space in the helmet box than a stormtrooper helmet. I figured they could send me the stand for the Red 4 in the box and tape an extra one to the outside without increasing the shipping cost.

I have a few of the signature edition helmets and a Red 4 on the way. I also then bought a normal stand separately for one of their ANH 'standard' stormtrooper and got Rob to sign it for a bit of fun when they are all displayed together.

IMG_1859.jpg IMG_1860.jpg

As we said in the news letter the Y wing would be a slow burner but if you want to check out the progress so far check out the RS youtube channel. Red leaders and Porkins can be ordered on request as for the training helmet we want to make some small adjustments to the shield to get it bang on then we will be offering them up

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back