Round2 Acquires Star Wars License

I would have preferred an X-Wing over the Tie, but it is what it is

My reasoning...

a Tie I will only most likely buy 1 of (I'd have maybe got 2 if they were in scale with the Vader tie to display as the Vader with Wingmen)

X-Wings on the other hand have to benefit of different character schemes and having multiples of them is not a big deal as you can paint them up with different color schemes even in the same squadron (Red 1, 2, 3 or Blue 1, or Paristan etc...)

As as red "squadron", they are like pokemon. Gotta have them all

My reasoning...

a Tie I will only most likely buy 1 of (I'd have maybe got 2 if they were in scale with the Vader tie to display as the Vader with Wingmen)

X-Wings on the other hand have to benefit of different character schemes and having multiples of them is not a big deal as you can paint them up with different color schemes even in the same squadron (Red 1, 2, 3 or Blue 1, or Paristan etc...)

Is Round2's 1/32 TIE similar in scale to the '1/32' MPC Darth Vaders TIE? Do they go together? Or pretty different despite both being labeled as 1/32?

Is Round2's 1/32 TIE similar in scale to the '1/32' MPC Darth Vaders TIE? Do they go together? Or pretty different despite both being labeled as 1/32?

noticeably different, like the difference between 1/32 and as small as 1/48 ish

Someone posted a pic of the two a while back

Although the X-wing might not have been officially announced yet, almost certainly they will make one to go with the TIE. It just makes sense.
It makes sense in all of our heads, yes. But I would only buy a large Round2 X-Wing if someone from The RPF, who knew the intricacies and nuances of the X-Wings, was the one who made the masters. Similar to how they produced the TIE.

SB

My reasoning...

I bought 3 of them and built one. :D

The Revell 1/29 X-Wing has a smaller pilot than the AMT 1/32 Tie Fighter pilot even though a 1/29 pilot should be larger so I am wondering if Round 2 makes a Studio series X-Wing it will be even bigger than the Revell kit which would be wonderful, almost actual studio scale.

A "studio scale" (or TIE scale) X-Wing is a guarantee. It's money in the bank for R2 and everyone knows it. It's a kit that would justify at least two new tool kits on different subjects, so it's leaving money on the table to not do one. That's just business.

As for what X-Wing to make, I think the perfect place is for R2 to get Jason Eaton on board. His ultimate X-wing displayed at Wonderfest is about as close to "studio" as is possible without directly scanning the original models. I think a collaboration between him and star-art would result in a kit that even the most obsessed greeblie-counter will be satisfied with.

I would like to see a sequel X-wing -ducks- I know it’s a minority opinion, but I would like a larger accurate ‘new’ X`Wing. I will sleep very lightly tonight.
It's safe to say that if you're a sci-fi modeler, you've either decided to own your minority opinions or you're living in deep denial about your popularity in the rest of society. :lol:

"Let he without sin wave the first Freak Flag." -Dude-a-ronamy 11:38

sheldon-cooper-presents-fun-with-flags-still1-900w.jpg

lol_zpsc41e1f37.GIF

Chaïm

Getting the finish on that is going to be tricky--I noticed the reflective/shininess of the metal finish changes even shot-to-shot or scene to scene (and NOT because of lighting, seems the actual quality of the metal changes). I don't think anyone at the Mouse has nailed down that detail.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back