Round2 Acquires Star Wars License

Plugging away at one of my Tie Fighters. Parts are test fit.

It’s a joy to build.
IMG_8572.jpeg

I’ll have to take down one of my studio scale x-wings and do a side by side comparison between them.

I’m not sure how it was determined the original filming models were ‘1/24 scale’. I believe the X-wings were based on the size of the pilot used, not sure where the size reference came from for the Tie fighters.

I do know that this new AMT kit looks in proportion to the true SS x-wings.

By the way, star-art, your research, and design for this model was superb. Thank you for all you did to make this come to fruition!

Last edited:
Thank you! :) I did look at all the existing studies and theories and the history all the way back to 1977. It seems Fine Molds and Bandai were given slightly different information. I managed to work out how they arrived at their measurements. Those came from Lucasfilm, but sometime later things apparently changed.

One theory is that X-Wing Games was responsible for the current specification at LFL regarding the size of these ships. No matter where it came from, though, as far as the studio is concerned the filming model of the TIE was 1/24. I was able to work out all the numbers to the point where I was satisfied it was "close enough, good enough" so that's what we went with.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back