Round2 Acquires Star Wars License

Those pre builds are so expensive! The Discovery price blew me away! This TIE while a glue kit, really seems like an easy build. That my be experience talking, but every build I have seen makes it look like it falls together. I would give building it a shot instead of waiting for a pre built! You can do it!

I am not trying to shame anyone into painting, I understand it is not for everyone, and some people just do not like to do it for various reasons, or do not have the time.

But if you've always wanted to give painting a try and just were not confident enough, or did not want to invest a lot of money for the equipment, then the Tie fighters are probably one of the best models to get your feet wet with painting especially if it is something you might have always wanted to try but did not because of lack of equipment / perceived skills

You can first paint the wing panels black before assembling the frames around them

Likewise you can paint most parts in subassemblies, and even then, the overall color you can get from a spray can (Tamiya TS-32 Haze Grey) so you do not even need an airbrush and the wings panels simply use a black spray paint

There is also minimal, if no weathering

I agree! The 1/32 TIE Fighter is not difficult to put together and, when it comes to painting, is probably one of the easier models to finish.

I did speak with R2 and they said a built display piece is not something they are considering at this time.

I assume this has been discussed, but the kit is designed such that the cockpit and arm sprues could be part of a TIE interceptor kit just by swapping out the solar panel wings, right? As mentioned earlier, there are minor differences between the ROTJ TIE and the ANH standard TIE, but would anyone actually mind if it meant getting a 1/32 TIE-I?

This! All the seems are hidden and three colors will do the outside! Weathering is minimal as the Empire kept their stuff tip top! I may just be talking myself into an unnecessary TIE build!
I am not trying to shame anyone into painting, I understand it is not for everyone, and some people just do not like to do it for various reasons, or do not have the time.

But if you've always wanted to give painting a try and just were not confident enough, or did not want to invest a lot of money for the equipment, then the Tie fighters are probably one of the best models to get your feet wet with painting especially if it is something you might have always wanted to try but did not because of lack of equipment / perceived skills

You can first paint the wing panels black before assembling the frames around them

Likewise you can paint most parts in subassemblies, and even then, the overall color you can get from a spray can (Tamiya TS-32 Haze Grey) so you do not even need an airbrush and the wings panels simply use a black spray paint

There is also minimal, if no weathering

Frankly I think R2 needs to get on it before the 3D printers eat the market!
I assume this has been discussed, but the kit is designed such that the cockpit and arm sprues could be part of a TIE interceptor kit just by swapping out the solar panel wings, right? As mentioned earlier, there are minor differences between the ROTJ TIE and the ANH standard TIE, but would anyone actually mind if it meant getting a 1/32 TIE-I?

Frankly I think R2 needs to get on it before the 3D printers eat the market!
+100

As much fun as it might be to get a SHADO Interceptor, I really wish they would double down on the Star Wars kits, before pursuing more obscure licenses.

Wasn't Star Wars the reason stated for the buyout?

+100

As much fun as it might be to get a SHADO Interceptor, I really wish they would double down on the Star Wars kits, before pursuing more obscure licenses.

Wasn't Star Wars the reason stated for the buyout?
I think the RC was lackluster for them,but I think this TIE will be successful and hopefully lights a fire.

I didn't help that the Revell RC kit beat them to market and is arguably a better kit. Hint: A Blockade Runner would be a sure winner...
I waited to support their RC and then after much deliberation and hunting for a decent price, bought the Revel. I look forward Lukes Speeder, I’ve never built one of those! Or a BR so I agree it is needed

EF3337C3-08A8-49B0-91FD-E51CF8CC75BE.jpeg
91F30049-B741-40DA-8C2E-F8CA9AAA7C54.jpeg
D660F706-9130-4DB2-B1CD-E72AB6E59895.jpeg

Would you mind of I shared one or more of your photos? I really like the rear view, for example, because it looks like it was taken on stage during filming back in 1976. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back