Round2 Acquires Star Wars License

Round2's table at Wonderfest

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 13.39.10.png

FALCON!!!

J

Hmmmmm.

Slab sides, or not? :)
It's a bit blurry, but it says "Shorter more accurate Sidewalls"

& "Engine......" rest hidden behind the B-Wing card.....but could be Engine deck, fans or grill

Found a better (still blurry image)....."Engine Grill details"

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 14.34.19.png

J

Last edited:
Interesting. They're not going to compete with Bandai on size, as it's not that much bigger. And they certainly won't be able to compete in terms of precision moulding and screen accuracy. I guess they're going to try and compete on price?

I DID say this a few pages back

“I really don't think they could do that for that price, I'd say if they were to update the MPC Falcon with accurate dimensions (right hull thickness, tapering down to the correct sidewall height), moulded on greeblies - if they were a simplified, true representation & location of the 5 footers details, but without undercuts etc, perhaps a few pipes etc to give a 3d dimension???

So really what I'm saying, if the existing 1979 MPC Falcon were to get a part for part re-do, but add on some plant-on pipes & greeblies, it should be considerably less expensive to buy than the FineMolds & PG Falcon

Maybe $150?....& if they did it as the 5 footer with added ESB landing gear??

I'd buy that, without a doubt”

J

Same Falcon with some new tooling.

I wonder if that is the same Vader's TIE as before? Odds say yes, don't get excited.

I keep shouting 'Enhance' to my laptop, it just laughs at me!

Last edited:
I bet that Vader's TIE is the same tooling that makes it a warped kit. The tooling was screwed up from the start and difficult to fix.

I mean, I guess it's nostalgia more than anything, in my opinion. These kits are good for kids to cut their teeth on and then throw away when they're done playing with it.
I’d say no

I’d say it’s a new tooling, that’s why it’s shown in white plastic & hopefully with a new Vader sculpt

J

If white plastic is the determination of a new kit, I must have a lot of prototype aircraft kits.
I make that supposition based on seeing the X & B-Wings built up & painted, whereas the Vader TIE is shown in bare plastic & another bare plastic piece sitting in front of it, (which is greyer,...could be the original tooling to compare the new tooling to the old)

I'd say we will find out pretty soon when they do the announcement

J

I’d say no

I’d say it’s a new tooling, that’s why it’s shown in white plastic & hopefully with a new Vader sculpt

J

The placard on the table says "MPC" on the Vader tie, so I'd say it's the old molds. I can take some pictures for y'all and post them!

The placard on the table says "MPC" on the Vader tie, so I'd say it's the old molds. I can take some pictures for y'all and post them!

Yes please computergeek, take some of the text on the cards please & images of the models

Round2 has purchased the MPC/amt companies

The Razor Crest is being released on the amt label

These new never released before Space:1999 Stun-gun & CommLock kits are being released with the MPC label

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 19.43.18.png

J

Also says 'amt' on the card for the Razor Crest, and I'm pretty sure they didn't make it while they had the license back in the '00s... They keep the original branding regardless of updates. The new tooling they made for the Excelsior is still under the 'amt' logo.

It's nice that they'll sell refreshes of classic MPC staples, but at the same time sad that we'll probably never get consumer-grade kits of fan favorites like the Ebon Hawk, Moldy Crow or Ghost.

FWIW, when they teased the new tooling release on evil book, they used the picture of the old Vader's TIE. We should know by tomorrow when Jamie does his live stream. If it is a new tool, I hope they make it a standard scale like 1/32, certainly looks too big to be 1/48!

Edit: Seems like the new kit is probably the Razor Crest.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back