ROTS Obi-wan and Anakin lightsaber Project (OWK preview on pg 11)

I don’t want to put words in starkillers mouth, but it’s a wicked low run.. so I wouldn’t hesitate. I’ve seen these up close, I can’t wait for it. There is also another “surprise” that he hasn’t really mentioned or shown yet, I can’t wait for that reveal..

Oh I’ve been following this run since the first post, I’ve no intention on missing out. I haven’t bought any ROTS hilts because I wanted to get these first haha.

I’m not involved in this run like I have been with his v2 but I have seen what’s coming and I’m totally sold

I will be shooting videos of it and throwing it on my channel, he may even give me a release time of when they go live on his site so be sure to subscribe to my channel to be up to date

I know he’s got some more work left to do, if omicron slows down. And the weather breaks I sure wouldn’t mind taking the train, and riding my bike to his shop to lend a hand in assembly/packing

And of course.. I’d document the whole thing on film ;)

I don’t want to put words in starkillers mouth, but it’s a wicked low run.. so I wouldn’t hesitate. I’ve seen these up close, I can’t wait for it. There is also another “surprise” that he hasn’t really mentioned or shown yet, I can’t wait for that reveal..
Steve Brule What GIF

Another reveal??? You guys are starting off 2022 with a bang!

Rereading this thread got me really excited for these all over again. I’ve always been interested in lightsabers as movie props first, fictional weapons second. I really can’t wait for this set with authentic materials and construction!

Rereading this thread got me really excited for these all over again. I’ve always been interested in lightsabers as movie props first, fictional weapons second. I really can’t wait for this set with authentic materials and construction!
Me too, I’ve seen the progress and can’t wait for these

General question about the original Obi props used in ROTS: I've heard some Obi hilts had a cast and chrome plated control box, but machined emitters and pommels. On the other hand, I've also heard some hilts had a machined emitter but cast and chrome plated control boxes and pommels. If both of these are true statements, do we have any insider knowledge or evidence as to what combination of parts Ewan's belt hanger hilt had?

1645276285637.png
1645276335829.png

Has this set been placed on the back burner now that everyone’s waiting for more close up’s of Obi-WAN’s TV lightsaber?

I have some bad news on this project. The OWK pommels that I had cast and plated have deteriorated. It looks like the shop did not cure the resin completely before they plated them. As a result, the resin has begun to release some gas and so the chrome is bubbling. I contacted the shop and they told me that it's not their problem since it's over thirty days later. I've been back and forth with them with no help whatsoever. As a result, I'm out multiple thousands of dollars on these parts and will have to reimagine how this project can go forward. If you're disappointed, please understand no one is more disappointed than me on this one.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back