Rotocasting question help needed

oddball

I recently built a rotcast table this is the first time I have used it I got great coverage every where but is one section any suggestion on how to correct this

your spin ratio might be off, the inside frame needs to spin a little faster than the outside otherwise it wont flip the mold over, it will just give a figure 8 type coverage

I was looking around for one of these in blue print form. I jus couldn't wrap my mind around the mechanics of it. The video is more of a manual tumbler. Is there a way to smooth out the rotations and sync them more with you setup?

From what I see in the video, you have uneven rotation. Both axis are turned by hand and not very smoothly. Resin needs smooth and consistent turning to coat evenly.

If you add some gears to the axles, you could better coverage, and an electric motor would complete the job.

youtube has a few examples.

From what I see in the video, you have uneven rotation. Both axis are turned by hand and not very smoothly. Resin needs smooth and consistent turning to coat evenly.

If you add some gears to the axles, you could better coverage, and an electric motor would complete the job.

youtube has a few examples.

copy that, its got to have a gear setup.

if you keep trying to use the setup you have now its going to start webbing inside.

Im thinking of using a cordless drill to power the pannels but I have a question I tried the one I have and it wont trun the pannel and Im afraid to burn up the motor I know it is a cheap one but when buying a new one would I want one with more torque to turn it easier or more volts?

MAy I suggest a rotiserie motor? I am no expert on motors, but there are plenty out there at Harbor Freight, or even the local swap meet. They may run faster than you need, and will need some gear reduction.

would that be a rotissire motor like for a grill cause I found a kit for 30 at lowes but dont know if the motor would be strong enough for this? what size motor should i look for?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back