ROTJ Speederbike reference needed

1/72 Space shuttle forward section is on the back end of it. You can see the opening for the windshield.

Isel

Could you please post a picture of your ID, makes it a little easier :).

This is becoming a very interesting thread. More and more ID's are popping up. It's almost like the Dornean gunship ID search which has been ID'ed for I think 90% now.

I've got some amazing photo's of the original; I'll try and dig them up and scan them into the computer.

I intent to make a scratchbuilt speederbike for my Kotobukiya 1/7th Scout Trooper, so I've used the blueprint from partsofstarwars to make the plans of the model.

Hope they are useful to anyone wanting to use them:

c80f.jpg

eb50.jpg

c9c0.jpg

If you are planning on buying the Star Wars Complete Saga blu ray box set, there are some nice close-up images of the 1:1 fullsize speeder bike on one of the extras discs.

Fortunately I received the box set on Friday, instead of the planned release date of Monday 12th September (in the UK) :D
Unfortunately I don't have screencap functionality on my trial version of PowerDVD 11.... but, as an idea of what you will see in glorious 1080p resolution if you buy the box set....
.... I have taken the LOW-TECH solution of photographing my TV with my mobile phone, and then uploading the pics here!

I know the images will be useless as reference material for your model speeder bike, but it will let you see what kind of reference pics you can expect if you buy the blu rays :unsure

HTH,
John
john@manicminer.plus.com

Got my blueray set coming in the mail. Was kinda hoping the 360's would include the speederbike model. Is just the full scale speederbike featured?

Marvin

WOW!!! Thanks for the plans!
I hope to use it in the future!!! :)

I intent to make a scratchbuilt speederbike for my Kotobukiya 1/7th Scout Trooper, so I've used the blueprint from partsofstarwars to make the plans of the model.

Hope they are useful to anyone wanting to use them:

c80f.jpg

eb50.jpg

c9c0.jpg

Here's a quick kit list so far. Some are probably still not 100% of course.

1/12 -- Tamiya -- Brabham BT44B
1/12 -- Tamiya -- Ferrari 312B
1/12 -- Tamiya -- Ferrari 312T
1/20 -- Tamiya -- Brabham BT-46
1/35 -- Tamiya -- 20mm Flakvierling 38
1/144 -- Entex or Minicraft -- Space Shuttle

And a couple of things I noticed.

The first one is obvious but I thought I would point it out anyway. It looks like the 312B part is made up of two modified parts, parts b8 and Body. You can see a seam line above b8.

Next, I've been looking at the vent behind the confirmed 312T nose. It's been identified as the vent also from the 312T but it just doesn't seem right. It looks like a lot of work went in to making it line up perfectly with the nose section (red arrow in pic) mostly because the top edge of the actual part is rounded. Overall, there would have to be heavy modifications to fit this piece in including adding a good length of material to the forward end of the vent. It just doesn't seem like something ILM would have done while working with deadlines. Any ideas?

spbk.jpg

Joe

Last edited:
Just wanted to bump this quick, i took a really nice screengrab of the concept model, off of the profiles in history webpage of a recently auctioned off set of photos from ROTJ. I dont know if this photo is out or not but i figured it couldn't hurt to post it here just in case.

speederbikemaquette.jpg

In this photo a lot more kit parts are easily seen, first thing that jumped out at me was that the tops of the handle bars are tfrom the 20mm flac(the part used around the engine of the 8rad esb pod)

Also looks like Brabham BT44 part(s) on the nose in between the vanes. It turns out the lower vanes are BT44 after all! Yay!

The red highlighted part below looks a bit similar to part C5 from the 1/20 BT46. The angle of the thin bar seems a little off from this view but some of the features can be or appear to be seen.

c6sb.jpg

Part C5
bt46c5.jpg

Joe

Last edited:
Well, that pic confirms the body and front flaps, it all consists of

BT44b..... Front lower flaps
BT46....... Front upper flaps, seat area.
312T....... Front nose
312b....... Lower body
Shuttle.... Panniers

Lee

Going by the profile, id say the bikes inner body is also the space shuttle hull, check it against the shuttle nose contour, as im doing this on an iphone lol.

Lee

Hmm, ok look at the front of that inner black engine/body section, then compare its profile with that of the shuttle nose side a bit further back? Tell me im not insane, but they seem to marry up?

Lee

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back