RoTJ Lightsaber screwdriver

Now.. I've had some luck looking at machinist dividers, I've found a few brand names of drafting sets, but there seem to be so many, the brand might not matter. Thomas Blunt, Shagreen pocket cases, etc.

Some sets are so old..
Drawing Instruments - English Brass set

however I have yet to find a skinny set of Dividers with the fancy bell on top. Those seem to only be on the small pieces in Drafting sets.

Just thought of something else, Chewie's tool greeblie could also be a cabinet drawer knob of some sort...
2-Antique-Small-6-sided-Clear-Glass-Cabinet-Knobs.jpg

At risk of necro posting, I felt this thread had a bit more research material in it then the other one that's been going.

Been looking into finding the source of this prop as well, with limited succes so far. Definitely agree that the majority of it is a vintage drafting tool / compass, but haven't found any that match the spherical top part so far.

This might be nothing, but I came across this item on Ebay while looking for vintage Graflex parts and thought the top section on this looked a lot like the top part of the screwdriver. Don't know if the size matches, but could this potentially be something that was kitbashed onto a drafting compass?

Graflex Replacement Part? | eBay

sabertool3.png

Thoughts?

(research images by division 6 in this thread)

sabertool1.png
sabertool2.png

At risk of necro posting, I felt this thread had a bit more research material in it then the other one that's been going.

Been looking into finding the source of this prop as well, with limited succes so far. Definitely agree that the majority of it is a vintage drafting tool / compass, but haven't found any that match the spherical top part so far.

This might be nothing, but I came across this item on Ebay while looking for vintage Graflex parts and thought the top section on this looked a lot like the top part of the screwdriver. Don't know if the size matches, but could this potentially be something that was kitbashed onto a drafting compass?

Graflex Replacement Part? | eBay

View attachment 1329692

Thoughts?

(research images by division 6 in this thread)

View attachment 1329689View attachment 1329690

Damn... looks legit

It’s been found and being replicated by WannaWanga.

Well,
CopperRevan might have Re-discovered it first based on discussions we’ve had.

But I did manage to find, purchase, and confirm both parts! Roy has been kind enough to pick up the modeling and production with that data (and at least one found part now in hand)
So, yes a thread update on the “Energy Matrix Dampener” is being formed soon after we workshop the final assembly. But I will say, another thread of mine in the past has come in *very* handy in sourcing more reference material

Well,
CopperRevan might have Re-discovered it first based on discussions we’ve had.

But I did manage to find, purchase, and confirm both parts! Roy has been kind enough to pick up the modeling and production with that data (and at least one found part now in hand)
So, yes a thread update on the “Energy Matrix Dampener” is being formed soon after we workshop the final assembly. But I will say, another thread of mine in the past has come in *very* handy in sourcing more reference material
Energy matrix? I thought this was for checking your glucose level?

AAAAAHHHHHH! Thank you ApostleofColor ! I can't believe it's been three years since Halliwax started this thread.

Life gets in the way sometimes. I don't know what's worse.. that I'm now so far behind in tracking down an ALL REAL PARTS LIGHTSAGER TOOL, or that as a Draftsman, the real parts aren't drawing tools?!

Thank you too BRRogers ! for the hint. It took me a minute to figure it out, but after an hour of searching I think I sussed out the correct model. Pitty that all it's little cousins go for ~$16.00 and the only one left out in the wind is $1000.00 !!! I sure hope that's not one of us price gouging already before it's been officially revealed.

May I please have a little hint (PM would be fine if it's a huge secret, I can keep it) as to what the second part is. I see in your video it looks like it has a plunger and I'm guessing it's a shutter release of some sort, but boy it looks like a compass arm again!

AND THE VIDEO! It's CRAZY! What's the little desert scene in the background?

I had been wondering about what teecrooz had blurred out in a photo he shared that I just happened to catch sight of when popping in for a quick second a while back. Now I wish I'd paid more attention to it!

I can't wait to get this new computer built (just a few more parts) so that I can put this year-plus adventure behind me and get on with modeling my lightsaber chassis. Maybe then I'll have some time to track down these newfound parts and have a lightsaber tool to play with as well!

Congratulations to CopperRevan and BBRogers for figuring out what this prop was actually made from!

And thanks again to Halliwax for starting me on another crazy adventure! I hope I can find them while I can still afford this one!

AAAAAHHHHHH! Thank you ApostleofColor ! I can't believe it's been three years since Halliwax started this thread.

Life gets in the way sometimes. I don't know what's worse.. that I'm now so far behind in tracking down an ALL REAL PARTS LIGHTSAGER TOOL, or that as a Draftsman, the real parts aren't drawing tools?!

Thank you too BRRogers ! for the hint. It took me a minute to figure it out, but after an hour of searching I think I sussed out the correct model. Pitty that all it's little cousins go for ~$16.00 and the only one left out in the wind is $1000.00 !!! I sure hope that's not one of us price gouging already before it's been officially revealed.

May I please have a little hint (PM would be fine if it's a huge secret, I can keep it) as to what the second part is. I see in your video it looks like it has a plunger and I'm guessing it's a shutter release of some sort, but boy it looks like a compass arm again!

AND THE VIDEO! It's CRAZY! What's the little desert scene in the background?

I had been wondering about what teecrooz had blurred out in a photo he shared that I just happened to catch sight of when popping in for a quick second a while back. Now I wish I'd paid more attention to it!

I can't wait to get this new computer built (just a few more parts) so that I can put this year-plus adventure behind me and get on with modeling my lightsaber chassis. Maybe then I'll have some time to track down these newfound parts and have a lightsaber tool to play with as well!

Congratulations to CopperRevan and BBRogers for figuring out what this prop was actually made from!

And thanks again to Halliwax for starting me on another crazy adventure! I hope I can find them while I can still afford this one!
I'm going to let Bryan respond to this one...but since you tagged me, for the record, I, like many of you have been doing independent research on Luke's Tool ever since the deleted scene dropped. We all have a little Indiana Jones in us don't we? It seems to have been a very long journey. A Journey that Bryan and I were doing separately unbeknownst to each other. I knew what part of it was but not the other...meaning the "type". Bryan knew the model number and had physical specimens(which i did not possess) then recently i discovered an alternate that neither one of us had known before in my possession.

All this i say, to divert any attention away from me. I deserve no thanks and no congrats for this whatsoever. All my research did was prove that my suppositions had been incorrect and Bryan's were indeed correct and that he did all of the leg work on this. I only seek to give credit where credit is due and none of it should rest upon me.

Therefor, because i have been in contact with Bryan throughout i can tell you that everyone will be blessed with what his team has and will produce for the RPF and Star Wars community, in general. So this is also an endorsement of sorts. Not that he asked me to or wants me to, i just feel this is the right time on my end to give them my biggest thumbs up publicly, as i crawl away quietly back into my own personal cave and begin construction on a new lightsaber...lol...with my own lightsaber tool...lol. All in all, I know Bryan and company's hearts are to put something back into this community. There are so many of you that have skills and ideas, concepts and passion that has kept this forum and the love of Star Wars going for as long as it has and i've met many great people on here personally and in conversation, Bryan being one of them. Having Roy on this is a huge blessing and i'm thankful for their undertaking. I'm telling you...You are all in for a real treat

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back