ROTJ Hardware Saber

Boba Frett

Sr Member
Well it's 99.9% complete , I still need the thumbscrew for the shroud.

Just finished it up today , the body is hospital grade stainless draintube.

I have built a lot of Luke ANH and ESB sabers , but this is my first ROTJ Vader , so be nice guys :)

That's a pretty saber, Boba Frett. Excellent job on the build. :thumbsup Were you following a tutorial? Is your shroud made from scratch, too? I'm extra-curious because I just happen to have a 12" chunk of thick-walled stainless tube and some allen-head screws lying around and this looks like a great project to put them towards.

Scratch is so often the most enjoyable way to get the job done, and you should be very proud of this piece.

I love this saber--it was the first one I ever scratchbuilt. Yours is way better. I see you even pulled the shoulder for the glass eye port--nice touch.

Where did you get the tube? It might be a nice place to start for a custom.

That's a pretty saber, Boba Frett. Excellent job on the build. icon2.gif Were you following a tutorial? Is your shroud made from scratch, too? I'm extra-curious because I just happen to have a 12" chunk of thick-walled stainless tube and some allen-head screws lying around and this looks like a great project to put them towards.

Thanks FETTCLONE , I actually used a couple of tutorials.
http://www.sitharchives.com/other/vrotj_tut.htm
http://www.geocities.com/elvistrooper/Gc/finished.html

I love this saber--it was the first one I ever scratchbuilt. Yours is way better. I see you even pulled the shoulder for the glass eye port--nice touch.

Where did you get the tube? It might be a nice place to start for a custom.

Thanks for the compliment cayman shen :)
A friend of mine works with the stainless , and was able to get me a scrap piece , usually they keep everything over 4".
I am begging him to get me some more.

Ultimately I want to get a obi1kenny kit , those are sweet :thumbsup

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back