ROTJ detonator charges

What bothers me about the shape of the cylindrical shape is that it doesn't seem to have any draft angle. Even small drafts are normally visible. So I doubt it of it was a plastic part to begin with, even though the top suggests that it is. I think it's more likely that it's a resin casting of an original metal technical component, maybe aluminium, even though the orange resin was never before seen in SW props.

What bothers me about the shape of the cylindrical shape is that it doesn't seem to have any draft angle. Even small drafts are normally visible. So I doubt it of it was a plastic part to begin with, even though the top suggests that it is. I think it's more likely that it's a resin casting of an original metal technical component, maybe aluminium, even though the orange resin was never before seen in SW props.

Aren’t these tapers usually inside? And since you cannot see inside the cylinder, how can you know for sure?

Also, how about fiberglass As an option?

Aren’t these tapers usually inside? And since you cannot see inside the cylinder, how can you know for sure?

Also, how about fiberglass As an option?

I'm talking about the exterior. Usually a cylinder has a draft angle for its release from a mold.
Fiberglass? Which parts were made in fiberglass? Those need to be released as well. A sideways mold split line is not very likely (and not visible)

Another thing is the wall thickness: I haven't measured it yet, but the wall thickness is substantial and the center core is even thicker. Not at all common on a molded consumer part.

I am going to say (this is just my best speculative guess) the main body of this is a reel to reel video recorder capstan motor housing, or a casting of one (my first question to Gus would be “how heavy is the prop?”).
The flared section at the bottom looks like half of a large clay pigeon from trap shooting.
Mystery chunk is definitely not a sight adjustment button from a Mauser or from a 20th Century European rifle.

In this (old) thread division 6 shared images in 2010 from one of the Ewok Adventures movies with the same main body part(s) in it. Have a good look. They are the same.

IMG_2478.JPG
IMG_2477.JPG
IMG_2476.JPG

Last edited:
Or they still had some of these casts lying around.

I doubt that is the case. Look at the top. The greeblies are all the same. No reason to replicate the original design so closely for a different prop. These are the same people who can’t duplicate Han‘s blaster from movie to movie... or scene to scene. I am going Occam's razor on this one.

Just throwing this out there... If it was made of separate parts (Which I do think still, because of the misaligned center part) I think the top recesses could be an 8mm film reel. They come in both 3" and 4" sizes, but there are probably thousands upon thousands of variations, so it would be hard to find a correct style.
1598197258262.png
1598197452247.png
1598197658255.png

Something like these, as they have a large center hole where the center tube could have slid into fairly easily.

I doubt that is the case. Look at the top. The greeblies are all the same. No reason to replicate the original design so closely for a different prop. These are the same people who can’t duplicate Han‘s blaster from movie to movie... or scene to scene. I am going Occam's razor on this one.

I tend to agree, but since 3 props are confirmed to still exist today, you think they had initially made even more which they reused for this Ewok movie prop? I don't think they would have turned them back into a SW prop!

I tend to agree, but since 3 props are confirmed to still exist today, you think they had initially made even more which they reused for this Ewok movie prop? I don't think they would have turned them back into a SW prop!

I agree with that but I just believe they made 5 or more. Wasn't there a quick shot of the case with the mines in them?

Hey are those the same buttons that are on the emperors chair? Those light up but have the same dark side panels

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back