Rose Tyler Key close enough replica construction.

10thDoctor

Hello Everyone!

I am currently making my girlfriend a Rose Tyler TARDIS key but was having a hard time making it look exact. So I just did what I could to get as close as possible, and hopefully this helps give some of you ideas as well.

First I had to find the key... Which turned out to be a rather difficult task.

I found Yale keys on ebay but not the one I needed.

This is the key that I was going to use. I have a few keys like this, so the one pictured is not the same key due to me taking pictures after I was done.
yalekeyunworked.jpg

After sanding - buffing and cleaning I get this.
As you can see in the picture I filed off the nub on the bottom end to match up the flat look on the ERA key.
workedkey.jpg

I now needed the chain, but curb chains on ebay were a bit pricey. I found a good alternative that is really cheap.

Dog choke chains
sizechain.jpg

chainview.jpg

Looks to me that the 1.5mm is the best bet. At PetSmart these chains are $8.99 each. So I decided to take pictures and head back to ebay. Currently I am waiting on the chain after ordering it today. I will post more update photos as I finish this up.

If you look in the TARDIS key research thread you'll find a wealth of info, including a source for the ERA key & D shackle.

Here's mine.

photo_zps84e110d2.jpg

Attachments

• photo1_zps1e33c405.jpg
    photo1_zps1e33c405.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 165
I dunno why it put that other pic of the YALE keys there. I only uploaded the ERA pic. Guess they're still working out the bugs here on the new layout.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back