Deprecated Rogue One: Orson Krennic's blaster kit

Currently working on the release mechanism for the barrel break. The reason this is taking a while is that I am attempting several "functional" features (trigger, barrel break, power clip and cocking lever) while also keeping it accurate. (Since my Episode 8 Finn/Poe Glie 44 is now done, I can devote more time to this and Guardians of the Galaxy props...)

OKreleasemech.JPG

Time for another update.

I concluded that the aluminum barrel will need a bit of machining for the barrel-break hinge. Simple machining mind you, but machining nonetheless. Since I don't have a mill, I made a special jig/tool/guide that slides onto the barrel and allows me to use a hand drill to precisely grind out a groove in the metal. The jig can only be used a couple of times before I have to make a new one... so each kit becomes rather time-consuming. For that reason, I may be contacting everyone who has so far expressed interest to gauge exactly how likely it is that folks will actually get one of these once they are done (late September or early October at the current pace). Even if I personally want one of these, I may end up prioritizing other stuff if serious interest is no longer there.

Here are the parts so far:

OK_parts_WIP.JPG

Still to finish:
  • Power cell assembly
  • Barrel
  • Grip frame
  • Trigger and cocking lever
  • Scope and rail
  • Various other small details

I'm pretty sure right now that almost none of the parts will have to be "split", so there will be very little filling seams and the like!

Announcement for anyone thinking of getting one of my kits:
From October and onwards, wait times may start to be several weeks longer than usual due to new commitments I am have taken on for the foreseeable future, especially if I have several things in the print queue.

In general, the current interest for this kit makes it a lower priority. There's not a huge amount left to do, but I will be prioritizing a couple other kits over this one.

You mention that things will be delayed, If ordered today, what's the expected delivery?

That was kind of a general announcement so it depends upon the kit.

The Orson Krennic isn't finished yet so I'm not taking requests for it. (There are too few people interested right now to make it a high priority unfortunately. I'll eventually get to it because I want one for myself, but I can't say when.)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back