Deprecated Rogue One: Orson Krennic's blaster kit

The screen one also has a slide you pull back in the slot that is missing from the drawing above from battlefront.

You can see the slide and the break open & cylinder in it. The slide would be an easy addition. The break open feature would make it great but would be a lot more design work.

Here is a the link. The gun is showcased around 5:23 minutes in.

Last edited by a moderator:
You gonna do a removable cylinder like the screen used one did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The screen one also has a slide you pull back in the slot that is missing from the drawing above from battlefront.

You can see the slide and the break open & cylinder in it. The slide would be an easy addition. The break open feature would make it great but would be a lot more design work.

I can't imagine it will be a problem to do the barrel breakaway. I've done breakaway functions before- most recently I did a folding/locking barrel on my latest incarnation of "Vera" from Firefly . (I used the BF image 'cause it was the clearest on-hand image.) :thumbsup

I would be interested in offering finished versions for you.
We could do a standard grade and "Hero" grade finish so there are price point options

Awesome, I would definitely get in with that functionality included.
I think I've more or less worked out how to do it. Breakaway barrel is no problem at all, neither is the removable clip. I might have to simplify the clip insertion mechanism a tad- the screen pistol seems to have multiple spring loaded components that give way when you insert it. We'll see. It depends on how much folks are ultimately willing to spend on perfect screen-accuracy. (For instance, the grip frame alone seems to have 5-6 separate layers and large flat components take forever to print.) Not sure I even have to mention it, but I DO intend to model the red pieces at the back separately. And I'm definitely going to use real metal on the main barrel tube and scope to add some heft. The only real issue I see at the moment is that I might not be able to offer springs for the cocking lever or barrel unless I find a ready source of multiples. Buying identical springs in bulk can be incredibly difficult if you don't have engineer-level knowledge of them (I've tried) and it' usually much easier just to scavenge suitable ones from other things.

Looking forward to this build!

I would be interested in offering finished versions for you.
We could do a standard grade and "Hero" grade finish so there are price point options
Sure thing. We can sort something out as soon as I've got a better parts breakdown.

I've started blocking it out. Very early days yet and I kinda lost momentum due to the awful news we all got just after Xmas. (I'm going to incorporate a small hidden tribute to Our General and Princess in the model.)

The grip frame will end up being lots of layered parts. I keep getting surprised as to how this gun looks a lot bigger than it is due to the scope. The main scope tube is very thin.
dt29wip01.png

Just wanted to bump this and reaffirm that it IS happening. I've just had so much work to do modeling for a video game I'm making that I haven't had time to finish this.

Definitely interested in a kit and even a finished one depending on price.

I don't think I'll be doing finished builds, but there are folks here such as Generalfrosty that offer great finishing services.

Still not sure exactly when I'll get back to this as I'm still swamped with another project 24/7, but hopefully in the coming weeks.

Any updates on this? Definitely interested.

Working on it and should have some sort of progress update within a week or two! (I've bought aluminum tubing for the barrel and scope too.) I'm back to doing some prop stuff after a brief hiatus. (Right now I'm simultaneously working on this, The GITS Thermoptic pistol, Star Lord's Vol2 "bent" Element Guns, Nebula's pistol from GotG Vol2 and Jack Deth's pistol from the first Trancers...)

Had to redo the engraved lines several time to get 'em right... I know it kinds looks the same as the last image I posted but I've actually tweaked and changed a lot of small things 'cause I tend to obsess over certain details.
orson.PNG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back