Rogue one ideas and thoughts

For some reason I can't post photos! (Tapatalk) anyways there's a some sort of villian kneeling down in the trailer. It's at 1:18

i found it, i am a bit confused though as to who it is, i don think its vader as it has a hood and i dont see the emperor knelling to anyone,View attachment 612523

- - - Updated - - -

The closeup shot of the "death trooper" is out of focus until the very end when it stats to fade out. I took a snap mid-fade and brightened it back up for a sharper look.View attachment 612430

thanks

image_zpsj7iplybg.jpeg pic posted by GABE26 over at the scum. These are nice helmets and digging the bikerscout inspired one

Some observations:

X-wing pilots have flightsuits of redder orange fabric that is puffier. Looks like there could be a metal zipper at the bottom of the leg. Ejection straps are more ribbed and seems to be attached with belt loops on the legs of the flightsuits. Belts are beige (like in some exhibitions but never in the movies). Some buckle or greeblie on the gauntlet.

The Rebel officers wear a variation of the ESB/ Hoth uniform with quilted shoulders and red piping.
The pips on the rank badges are recessed: looks like a sandwich of metal-acrylic-metal with holes in the top layer.

i saw this picture a while ago but i thought it was just a fan made picture until yesterday, i really want to know what the tan colored troopers are called, they are so cool
They are rumored to be called Scarab Troopers. I don't really think that Scarab trooper name fits SW but it definitely fits look of the helmet.

I am going to make the rebel captain insignia for a quick build soon,
i presume that the stormie helmets are symmetrical unlike the originals, i dont mind that , in fact i think its quite cool. what are your thoughts on it?
something else i personally think would be quite cool would a to see an old set of clone armour either lying about or being sold somewhere, i wasnt a fan of the prequels but i thought the costume design of the clones was really good, i dont expect them to though as they will probably want to separate themselves a bit from lucas's second attempt at the franchise. Does anyone have any more information on that utterly awesome imperial tank we see in the trailer such as the deigns? tank 1.png

p.s. does anyone know of the differences between the at ats in rogue one and esb, i noticed a different side panel

They are rumored to be called Scarab Troopers. I don't really think that Scarab trooper name fits SW but it definitely fits look of the helmet.
thanks, i heard that but i thought it was just a name dubbed, i sort of like the name but i agree that it doesnt fit the sw universe,

what do you guys think the should be called

Some UHD screengrabs were posted on another forum and I did a few more observations about the X-wing costumes. The flightsuits look like some real-world flightsuits with pockets sewn on, because they are in a slightly different hue than the flight suit ... which looks like real-world flightsuit fabric. Helmets, flak vests and chest boxes look unchanged from ANH, but the ring on the top front of the chest box looks like a metal washer and not a painted ring. One of the chest boxes had the "Tie Plug" fallen off... :)

The thing on the gauntlets looks like the gauntlet comm pad worn by pilots and officers in ESB but rotated 90°. There aren't many good pictures of the real thing in ESB, but here's one of a sculpt I made a few years ago:

The comm pad should be grey, not white. The speaker grille red and the button silver metal. I suspect that the "teeth" in the front should have been transparent in ESB.

Some UHD screengrabs were posted on another forum and I did a few more observations about the X-wing costumes. The flightsuits look like some real-world flightsuits with pockets sewn on, because they are in a slightly different hue than the flight suit ... which looks like real-world flightsuit fabric. Helmets, flak vests and chest boxes look unchanged from ANH, but the ring on the top front of the chest box looks like a metal washer and not a painted ring. One of the chest boxes had the "Tie Plug" fallen off... :)

The thing on the gauntlets looks like the gauntlet comm pad worn by pilots and officers in ESB but rotated 90°. There aren't many good pictures of the real thing in ESB, but here's one of a sculpt I made a few years ago:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/DarthLars/Pilot/th_hothcommpad-painted.jpg
The comm pad should be grey, not white. The speaker grille red and the button silver metal. I suspect that the "teeth" in the front should have been transparent in ESB.

i realy like all the similer costume design, it does give an impression of a rebel alliance trying to get itself sorted out with different batches of uniforms going to different areas hence the slight differences between rogue one and ANH. on the other hand i do wish hey would have kept one thing exactly the same ie a rebel helmet but i dont mind really. i have great respect for people like you darth lars who can find such detail, makes my life soooo much easier

Last edited:
I'm surprised people keep calling the black troopers "Shadow Troopers", when those are black Stormtroopers, or "Death Troopers", when those are zombie Stormtroopers from the old EU... and utterly forgetting Republic/Imperial Commandos, which these guys totally look like an evolution of.

The guy in the white cape I'm worried by. His pants and cap (tucked into his belt) are black, so in that scheme he resembles the "Imperial Security Bureau" guys in Star Wars... but the jacket is the wrong cut for that. The jacket would be the right cut for a Grand Admiral, but they have all-white uniforms. So I'm wincing in anticipation of someone getting this guy's uniform inspiration wrong.

I'm also a little miffed the Royal GUards are Prequel-helmeted with double-slit capes. I want to see the ROTJ Guards back, durnit!

--Jonah

Love the Hover Tank Troopers! Love the tank, for that matter. Death Squad Trooper. I like the sound of that. Now, if I could just get past SCARAB trooper. Dunno.

I'm surprised people keep calling the black troopers "Shadow Troopers", when those are black Stormtroopers, or "Death Troopers", when those are zombie Stormtroopers from the old EU... and utterly forgetting Republic/Imperial Commandos, which these guys totally look like an evolution of.

The guy in the white cape I'm worried by. His pants and cap (tucked into his belt) are black, so in that scheme he resembles the "Imperial Security Bureau" guys in Star Wars... but the jacket is the wrong cut for that. The jacket would be the right cut for a Grand Admiral, but they have all-white uniforms. So I'm wincing in anticipation of someone getting this guy's uniform inspiration wrong.

I'm also a little miffed the Royal GUards are Prequel-helmeted with double-slit capes. I want to see the ROTJ Guards back, durnit!

--Jonah
i like to call the black stormies shadow troopers purely because i have been wanting to see a black colored stormtrooper for ages, i also think that in episode 8 they should have a black armored trooper, just because it would be cool. I agree with you about the royal guard, not to upset though, im quite glad they included them and i hope they do a good job of vader (if hes in it which i hope he is)

one thing the trailer is missing, tie fighters!!

also what do you people think of the gritty style of film the trailer is portraying?

one thing the trailer is missing, tie fighters!!

also what do you people think of the gritty style of film the trailer is portraying?

Well,it's that whole Dirty Dozen/Saving Private Ryan vibe that has been floated out there before the trailer as what to expect.

A concern I have is if it's too damn serious and now you're losing the SW spirit to contain the old serials fun too.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back