Rogue One Death Trooper NERF gun repaint

Thanks for all the comments! I don't normally go for the Nerf guns, but this one just had the fun factor, with the sounds, lights, and glow in the dark darts. But I'd have to say after having painted two different nerf pieces, they dress up quite nicely with paint!

Really like this.
Never done anything like that before. Do you take it apart first or paint it 'as is'?
If the latter then how do you stop the paint from clogging up the moving parts?

Thanks Tonydragon!

I've painted only two Nerf guns over the years, and for the first one, I did take it apart, but mainly because I had modified parts of it. For this particular piece, I painted it as is. The spray paint really doesn't really affect the moving parts at all, at least in this particular case, as the paint tends to go on thin and quite flat. The only real exposed moving part on this blaster is the bottom "pump" portion for the darts. I did end up using a brush and some enamel paint to touch that area up, as there are hard to reach spots. The paint around that area doesn't seem to rub after it dried because there appears to be enough space between the moving parts, which worked out.

I did plug up the holes on the barrel with some bits of paper towel, where the lights are, to prevent any paint from getting in there.

But basically, if you spray layers of thin coats of paint, the paint never really gets wet enough or plentiful enough to actually interfere with the moving parts.

Thank you for all these informations.

DT_Blaster.jpg

I tried my best to paint it too.
I did a 3D Printed upgrade kit to extend the front and mimic the Stock of the original one using the Modulus socket.

I need to finish to paint it now.

Nice work ngelik! Really like the look of the upgrades, especially the extension on the barrel. Looks great!

whered youorder the Stock CS-35 and get the Scope......like the build......

- - - Updated - - -

whered you order the Stock CS-35 and get the Scope......like the build......

- - - Updated - - -

whered you order the Stock CS-35 and get the Scope......like the build......

nice work ecl. Think I might take a stab at doing this also to work on my painting skills. Gonna wait and see if the blaster itself goes on sale sometime to save a bit of money but I was able to find the scope on ebay sold by toysrus for $10 and got the stock also so I picked those up to have them ready.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back