Interest Rocketeer Rocket Pack and Harness screen accurate ***Deposits closed

He still has my production-made helmet which he borrowed to mold as a compliment piece to this pack, too. Curtis had such a consistent reputation for quality here, delivering complex projects like this one on a regular basis. I'm sorry he crashed and burned on this one - I really trusted that he'd deliver something we could be psyched about adding to our collections.
Do you ever expect that you will get your production-made helmet back from Curtis ?

Do you ever expect that you will get your production-made helmet back from Curtis ?
It'd sure be welcome, but it's hard to imagine how that happens at this point. It's been a looooong time since he's replied to any attempts to connect by email/messages. Never spoke to him by phone etc, and we're thousands of miles apart.

I can't imagine how much that production helmet is worth, but I'm sure it isn't chump change. I would be beyond words.

Unfortunately, this transaction is my first, last, and only experience buying from this forum. I know it was an abnormality, but it's tough to justify getting into a hobby after getting burned.

Not sure what the rules are in Canada, but in the US refusing to return property valued over $250 that knowingly does not belong to you is a felony offense. However, the NWPD websites states that theft of property valued over $5,000 is required to be assigned an officer to investigate. I recommend anyone whose is owed money (or property) by Curtis contact the New Westminster Police Department and file a report. Will he get arrested, probably not, but the cops knocking on his door may get his attention!

Oh boy, I thought i had it bad. But a production made piece (that I also paid ON TOP to have a casting PLUS a finished piece) is a rough enough.

I hope we get some sort of closure on this (likely not)

I just received a PM warning that Curtis Hoines is selling again through Facebook using another person's account (James Iaccarino) who is also a forum member here (reelprops) in order to hide his identity. You can see by looking through old threads that these two have a long history of working together (Curtis is the maker, James is the financier). Buying from James is buying from Curtis.

We may never get out money back, but at least we can warn others about getting ripped off and make it hard for Curtis to do this to anyone else again.

curtis.jpeg

I just received a PM warning that Curtis Hoines is selling again through Facebook using another person's account (James Iaccarino) who is also a forum member here (reelprops) in order to hide his identity. You can see by looking through old threads that these two have a long history of working together (Curtis is the maker, James is the financier). Buying from James is buying from Curtis.

We may never get out money back, but at least we can warn others about getting ripped off and make it hard for Curtis to do this to anyone else again.

View attachment 1524362
reelprops are you in touch with Curtis?

Hello everyone,

I’ve spoken to Curtis about this issue, as we have been out of touch for some time.

If any of you are open to it, I may have a solution.

Curtis has agreed to have the prototype ready to mold in the next few days. I’m going to be riding him until work has been completed. When and only when the prototype is ready to mold, i will cover the material cost and he will send me the first casting.

My solution is that I will put together the first kit.
Those who are in this production run will be welcome to pay the remainder of their balance to me, plus the cost of shipping and they will receive their kit.

Now at this time, i am not committing to this run in regards to refunding the deposits to those who want them, but am merely providing those who bought in with that which they paid for, be it a very long time ago.

If you are a member of this run, and are interested in this offer, please PM me.

Money will only be required at the time of shipping, which i will show proof of by photo.

Westies14 i will see to it that your property is returned.

I hope all involved can understand that i’m just trying to bring some sort of resolution to this event, and understand entirely if this offer is declined.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I’ve spoken to Curtis about this issue, as we have been out of touch for some time.

Curtis has agreed to have the prototype ready to mold in the next few days. I’m going to be riding him until work has been completed. When and only when the prototype is ready to mold, i will cover the material cost and he will send me the first casting.

Those who are in this production run will be welcome to pay the remainder of their balance to me, plus the cost of shipping and they will receive their kit.

Now at this time, i am not committing to this run in regards to refunding the deposits to those who want them, but am merely providing those who bought in with that which they paid for, be it a very long time ago.

If you are a member of this run, and are interested in this offer, please PM me.

Money will only be required at the time of shipping, which i will show proof of by photo.

I hope all involved can understand that i’m just trying to bring some sort of resolution to this event, and understand entirely if this offer is declined.
Hi brandomack, thanks for helping us all, I'm in...

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry, but you made the same promise and solution back in June of 2020, nothing happened, so this means very little to me:

I just talked to Curtis, i’m stepping in to help and am getting him to send me the molds for the engine bells so i can start casting them in 65D.

I’ll be keeping on him to finish molding the pack, so castings can roll out to everyone that ordered a kit.

i’m bringing in help from the film industry to give me a hand with my own run, so i’m adding the workload to the group. Once i have them all cast, i’ll post photos.

I heard that all of James's posts in the FB group that Curtis was using to sell though have been deleted since I posted yesterday (no word on if they retuned deposits they took from those listings).

If Curtis has any honest desire to salvage what is left of his reputation and ability to sell in this hobby, he needs to do two things:
  1. Personally get back on this thread to address this and own what he has done. No more slinking in the shadows and talking through others, it is disingenuous and cowardly. If he can't take it on the chin, he doesn't deserve forgiveness or sympathy.
  2. Either complete the project for those who want to proceed OR refund the money to those who want it back. Nothing in between.
It should not be the burden of the contributors to salvage their stolen investment by requiring them to buy in further to someone who has already burned them. Curtis can either man-up and fix it right or continue to live in the hole he has dug.

I'm sorry, but you made the same promise and solution back in June of 2020, nothing happened, so this means very little to me:

I heard that all of James's posts in the FB group that Curtis was using to sell though have been deleted since I posted yesterday (no word on if they retuned deposits they took from those listings).

If Curtis has any honest desire to salvage what is left of his reputation and ability to sell in this hobby, he needs to do two things:
  1. Personally get back on this thread to address this and own what he has done. No more slinking in the shadows and talking through others, it is disingenuous and cowardly. If he can't take it on the chin, he doesn't deserve forgiveness or sympathy.
  2. Either complete the project for those who want to proceed OR refund the money to those who want it back. Nothing in between.
It should not be the burden of the contributors to salvage their stolen investment by requiring them to buy in further to someone who has already burned them. Curtis can either man-up and fix it right or continue to live in the hole he has dug.
So is that a refund or a pack? Because those that want a pack will get a pack. Those that want a refund will have to wait to be paid from the proceeds.

Last edited:
Can everyone please PM me with the financials of your order?

What did you pay, when did you pay, do you want a refund or do you want a pack?

These packs will be provided to those that want them, or sold on the marketplace to raise the funds to repay everyone.

I’m stepping in the gap here, so please don’t be a douche.

Can everyone please PM me with the financials of your order?

What did you pay, when did you pay, do you want a refund or do you want a pack?

These packs will be provided to those that want them, or sold on the marketplace to raise the funds to repay everyone.

I’m stepping in the gap here, so please don’t be a douche.

PM sent.

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate that you are trying to help. We have just all been fed a lot of empty promises, so until something actually happens, well, you know.

Let me make one thing VERY clear. I have absolutely NOTHING to do with this thread/sale whatsoever. This is not my sale thread. whatever you're owed, you need to take this up with Curtis. Dont start trashing my reputation on this board as I always follow through on sales. Not once have I ever taken money and not delivered. This is being brought to my attention now. Whatever sales I have done with Curtis in the past have all been fulfilled. So, I understand the frustration of a sale not fulfilled here. Brandomack has offered a solution to end this and get your pieces delivered. And for the helmet sales being removed from FB, I told him I wouldn't list anymore until this is resolved.

Last edited:
Oh man, reading this stuff breaks my heart... I am currently in the process of molding and casting my own Rocketeer helmets for sale here on the forums, and having stuff like this happen doesn't just do harm to the individuals who lost their money, it harms the entire community and erodes trust that so many makers have spent years building. For the sake of everyone affected, I hope all of this gets resolved and everyone either gets their money back or gets what they paid for. I've personally been burned when buying stuff online, so I know just how much this sucks... In spite of everything, I hope all of you have a great new years eve.

Hi everyone,

I’ve checked in with Curtis and the pack is undergoing final preening

47B6D8C4-C939-4729-88B7-0E2B481899EF.jpeg

Curtis is also working on the “radiator” portion and says it isn’t too far off.

46BB131A-4688-45D7-A019-90121DFF8B92.jpeg

The engine nozzle mold is completed and ready to cast.
A9300EC3-EEBB-48A8-BE27-45E57E94A5D9.jpeg

The engine components are molded and ready to cast.

4BE0BB46-E2F0-4BA3-A82D-8F78BD0E1B42.jpeg

DCEA4C38-386C-4500-A77A-880C55A76284.jpeg

The center grille is molded and ready to cast.
65C5B282-D61B-4112-9DBF-A4F1D8DF4164.jpeg

The side grille inlets are printed and ready to pack.

08133AC5-2BDD-4309-99C9-B03B92B12217.jpeg

As well as these small greeblies.

F91B48B1-FB7B-4EA3-9F5A-623F61257E62.jpeg

There are many more small components that will be included in the kit, however these are off the shelf items and will be purchased just prior to shipping the first kit.

If anyone has any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via PM.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• 59944FBE-CC25-4BAF-A55F-EAD1A1610802.jpeg
    59944FBE-CC25-4BAF-A55F-EAD1A1610802.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 123
You sent $300.00 USD to Inception Studio Inc.​
YOUR NOTE TO Inception Studio Inc.​
quote-left.png
Deposit pymt for Rocketeer Jet Pack from whoever​
quote-right.png
Transaction Details​
Transaction ID: 4UB83777HC5200949​
May 6, 2017​

I would like a refund when funds are available as I purchased an All-metal pack while I was waiting these past 5 years for this to materialize.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back