1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Interest Rocketeer Rocket Pack and Harness screen accurate ***Deposits closed

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by TheRocketeer, Jan 29, 2017.

1. TheRocketeer

TheRocketeer Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well, I have had Westies14 production stunt jet pack for a year or so.. been planning how to tackle this and get some screen accurate material from hero packs.

So I am finally making a scratch mold of the stunt pack and will be remastering the resulting cast to include details from the hero rocketpacks. I'll be replacing the missing fins to match the remaining ones, remastering the vents to match the hero with its "shelf," and completing the engines to include the section behind those vents.

This pack is a production piece, but I've always wanted a hero version to display. It will have this precise, perfect hull, the bits people can miss like the radiator fins "welded" to the nosecones. I will add extra details from the hero packs - the additional rivets and scribed lines, possibly a kit to have the perforated grill with two mini XLR jacks and an A/C jack, as the hero packs were different scene to scene.

I will even be recreating the hero harness in leather, making the glove/gauntlet activator. Westies14 sent me the proper vintage airbrush compressor fan, and I was able to source a matching hardware part for the replicas.

I will estimate the jet pack itself would be $1000-1200usd + shipping depending on pieces I will include in the kit, and cost of things like correct fans, rods, flaps etc..

The harness will be somewhere in the $400-600usd + shipping this will depend on leather cost and work involved as well as getting some screen accurate buckles done up :)

The glove activator price tbd depending on how much source I can get so I can make it as accurate as possible too.

Please post interest in Pack, harness, activator or all three below.

Here's the stunt hull, ready for molding:

Pack1.jpg Pack2.jpg

Oh and just to add.. I am working on getting a scan of a certain production helmet..so that might be a thing :)

Also this will be a limited run if there is enough interest to get them made.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  2. mtrixman

mtrixman Well-Known Member

Re: Rocketeer Cirrus X3 screen accurate ***from production made pack***

Interested in all three!

3. andsuor

andsuor New Member

Re: Rocketeer Rocket Pack and Harness screen accurate ***from production made pack*

Might be interested in all three :)

4. maxhebus

maxhebus Well-Known Member

Re: Rocketeer Rocket Pack and Harness screen accurate ***from production made pack*

Very interested with all.

5. EEvansHilton

EEvansHilton Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Exceedingly interested in all three as well!!!

6. TheRocketeer

OK just so everyone knows this will be a limited run for these pieces.. I forgot to put that in the first post, I will update that now :)

On the list :)
    I'll hold off until your sure.. : )
    On the list for all 3 :)
    Listed :)

7. shpider

shpider Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Interested in all 3...

8. Machina

Machina New Member

Hello, i am also interested in ALL 3 as well!

*also interested in your helmet when that is ready as well ;)

thanks again!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  9. TxBabyHuey

TxBabyHuey Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Put me interested on the harness and pack for now until price is officially determined.

10. mbmcfarland

mbmcfarland Sr Member

You know I'm in for all three!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

11. howlingwind13

howlingwind13 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Interested in all 3
    ...need to start saving.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  12. TridCloudwalker

TridCloudwalker Sr Member

Very interested in the pack, possibly the other two parts depending on final price.

13. Evolver79

Evolver79 Member

Interested pending final cost and available kits for all three.

14. GUARD1AN

GUARD1AN Member

what kind of time frame are you working with and or thinking about TheRocketeer ? How limited are you thinking about on the run ?

15. dstone

dstone New Member

Interested in all three.

16. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

Very interested in the harness, buckles and the helmet. Out of curiosity, is the old MIM hero pack kit not in production anymore?

17. Evolver79

Evolver79 Member

When do you think the run will begin?

18. Max Jenius

Max Jenius Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Interested in all 3

19. markpoon

markpoon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Intetested!

20. TheRocketeer

On the list
    On the list.. I hope the helmet happens :)
    On the list.. I will try and figure out prices soon.. sourcing materials still
    Great :) on the list
    Good idea :)
    Ok I will put you on the list for the pack right now.. prices will stay within the posted estimates
    On the list
    I would think deposits within the month..for the pack at least.. and it would be another month..ish to get it ready for casting.. I dont want to rush this, but I do want it to be done fairly soon :) And for limit, right now I would say between 10-15 total packages.
    On the list
    No idea about MIM.. its a completely different kind of prop though.. sculpted from pictures. This is a production made piece I am adding hero pieces to. For the Harness, there is no guarantee it would fit your pack unless it has screen accurate measuremtns?
    As above.. depeosits within the month and casting a month after that.. estimated. So I would say 7-10 weeks to be safe :)
    On the list ;)
    Listed

dstone, Westies14 and Machina like this.
  21. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Interested in the harness!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

22. 4949

4949 New Member

Very interested with all!

23. Gewn

Gewn Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm interested in the harness.

24. D48thRonin

D48thRonin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'd be interested in all three.

25. terarbyte

terarbyte New Member

Very interested in all three!

26. TheRocketeer

On the list.. but again.. no guarantee this would fit a different pack
    On the list.. you guys with packs will need to let me know the spacing of the attachment points.. you may have to mod your packs to fit this harness
    Listed :)
    Thanks you sir.. on the list

27. Mr_Sparkle

Mr_Sparkle Well-Known Member

Add me to that list as well if you would.... Definitely interested.
    Thanks!

28. TheRocketeer

On the list sir! :)

29. TheRocketeer

Ok I just wanted to let everyone know I molded the pack and took a first cast to clean out the mold. I'll cast a few more and start working on making them nice and detailed just like the hero packs :). Here's a pic of the cast that came out today.
    IMG_5167.JPG

30. rgriesbeck

rgriesbeck Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sweeeeeeeetness

31. Evolver79

Evolver79 Member

That looks great!

32. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

Whats the plan on the harness buckles? Screen Accurate? Metal?

33. TheRocketeer

Thanks
    Possibly a 3D print in metal, or cold cast, I want them to function though. Metal ones would probably cost far too much. And they will be as close to screen accurate as possible. Unless you have access to real ones I could mold off of? I have never seen the bigger buckle for sale anywhere.

34. wraithride

wraithride New Member

put me in for all 3!

35. EEvansHilton

EEvansHilton Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sure, I could have spent the weekend watching the ultra mega sportsball contest but I couldn’t tear my eyes away from this!!

36. TxBabyHuey

TxBabyHuey Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Is there going to be an option to have this cast in cold cast aluminum, or would that price be ridiculous?

37. zsherman

zsherman Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very interested in the whole kit and kaboodle!!!!

38. cyberblock

cyberblock Active Member

Plating would be the way to go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

39. TheRocketeer

I suppose I could, I would need a min number of people for that, and it would add to the cost.. I will see what it would take and figure out a price before I start taking deposits
    Actually it wouldnt, the screen used packs were never plated. Just painted. And there was at least 1 full metal pack.. but that is again different than all the other packs.

40. cyberblock

cyberblock Active Member

Yup, understood. I'm exploring this for a personal build. Sorry personal preference. I was just reacting to the idea of cold cast al vs plating on weight and expense. Although electo plating isn't exactly cheap either. All can be achieved with a decent paint job also. ;)

41. cyberblock

cyberblock Active Member

Any details on the harness you can share? I may be interested

42. TheRocketeer

Ahh ok, I am going for accuracy.. but I dont have you on my list..
    I'm not sure what details your asking for? I will be going for accuracey here too.. matching the material and pattern as close as I can, from the stunt harness and pictures of the production packs

43. cyberblock

cyberblock Active Member

Yup my pack is slightly idealized on finish. I'm for hyper-accuracy also. I guess when you get to working on the harness I might be interested in a harness only. I understand the actual latch is a difficult part to come across.

44. D48thRonin

D48thRonin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Actually there were two hero packs that had a thin metal outer layer - they coated the inside of the mold using a technique called "arc spraying" which deposited a very thin layer of zinc that they then backed with fiberglass.

The full metal packs (apparently they made three) were used for the practical flame effects.

Mechinyun and cyberblock like this.
  45. Eurojunkman

Eurojunkman New Member

Please add me to the growing list for all three. Also interested in aluminum casting.

46. TheRocketeer

I did not know that :) but that wouldn't come out like chrome.. which is what everyone thinks they did..chrome plate it. I would just be offering up the resin casts.. not "arc spraying" :) but that would be interesting to see. And yes the all metal ones open up, panels can be taken off etc..
    I will mark you down.. still not sure about the cold casting. I will look into it.

47. jschlosser

jschlosser Active Member

add me to the activator list sir. Thanks!

48. Evolver79

Evolver79 Member

Out of curiosity, will you be building the kits in order of placement on the list?

49. TheRocketeer

Added :)
    I'm not sure what you mean? I am not building the kit.. unless someone wants finishing. But it would be based on who pays first. I only have an interest list right now. Hope that answers your question? If not please send a PM instead of posting

50. framed

framed Well-Known Member

interested in all three!