1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Interest Rocketeer Rocket Pack and Harness screen accurate ***Deposits closed

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by TheRocketeer, Jan 29, 2017.

1. joedc27

joedc27 Member

Any believe I missed this!!!! If a spot opens up please let me know, would love a complete Rocketeer jet pack!

2. 2000FormulaMan

2000FormulaMan New Member

Looks awesome. I'm also bummed I can't get in on this. Please PM me if a spot opens up as well.
    Thanks!

3. harleyx

harleyx Member

I am the one who has lost interest in this project time wise and would sell my position if The Rocketeer agrees, here is what I agreed to :

" I am willing to pay for all completed items, along with all electronics.
    I want your best completed pack and accessories and will send you additional funds, just PM me and I will make sure you are paid".

Any slot changes has to be approved by The Rocketeer and new buyer must commit to my agreement with The Rocketeer for a totally completed pack with all options !

I am committed to pay The Rocketeer for this completed Pack and will do so unless a new buyer agrees to all these terms.

Thank you,
    Mike

4. whoever

whoever Well-Known Member

Eagerly awaiting this. Quality takes time. I waited FOUR YEARS for props before.

5. cirrusx1

cirrusx1 Well-Known Member

Photo #4 is my pack!!

6. harleyx

harleyx Member

Sorry, old post !

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  7. Flyboy

Flyboy New Member

Pack is looking good! Hanging out to see how the harness and activators turn out

8. harleyx

harleyx Member

Please let me out of this project !
    I get things done as a military officer and Aviation Department Manager all the time.
    This has taken to long with no updates and I will no longer fund this never ending project !
    Just refund my $300.00 and you will never hear of me again.
    I am done, never has a project
    taken so long with almost no updates.
    Please refund my money !!!!!
    I will not change my mind, Send me my Deposit of $300.00 !!!!!

terarbyte likes this.
  9. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Seriously though. Where are the updates?

terarbyte likes this.
  10. Machina

Machina New Member

i was just thinking about this project a few months back but haven't contributed since i've been busy with another run myself. i however am not backing out, but would like to know that it is still active as we are coming up (or past?) a year anniversary since the project started.

hope things are moving along, looking forward to a conclusion soon in any case.

-Ron

11. harleyx

harleyx Member

No Complaint on seller as he is a very talented Artist and Sculptor.
    Just want to give up my position as I am close to 70 years old and do not want to continue supporting this project after I am dead.

Please refund my $300.00 Deposit.

Thanks,
    Mike

12. harleyx

harleyx Member

Month's of request to leave this project have gone on death ear's . No updates and zero communication from the vendor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    REFUND MY $300,00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. markpoon

markpoon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

hi TheRocketeer,

can you please post & let everyone know what's going on? we've all paid our deposits in good faith & now getting a little nervous here with the lack of communication from you :(

14. deserthunter

deserthunter Well-Known Member

Had the same issue with my Kylo helmet. Finally got it. Not really impressed with it at all. Paint job mediocre at best for the time waited

15. harleyx

harleyx Member

Rocketeer's personal email says that there are no refunds but one can transfer their position to another.
    I am sure that Rocketeer is a very talented artist, but, I would like to transfer my position because of this extended production time line.
    First $300.00 sent to me gets my Rocket Pack position !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. reelprops

reelprops Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Im a bit confused here. Are you getting a Rocketeer jetpack? your experience with the Kylo Ren helmet has zero to do with this thread. I have that Kylo helmet and please tell me whats mediocre about the paint job. Is it personal preference? Rocketeer DOES DELIVER as he will with this project. I get that you guys are getting antsy and want your jetpack, trust me its worth the wait.

Westies14 likes this.
  17. deserthunter

deserthunter Well-Known Member

I was stating what happened with my interaction with him which i have a right to do. First I am not going to get in a * contest with you about it. Second he should have the courtesy to answer for himself not having you as his watch dog. Third the price that people pay for these props there is a level of expectation on quality and accuracy. I have purchased multiple props here, some from him and have been happy. I am sorry if you took offense but he did not deliver. Have a nice night.

18. reelprops

I will. Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

Curtis isn't posting on the RPF much, but he is still making progress on these. I don't want to share things out of turn on his behalf, but I can say that I've seen some more progress on the engines and pack master since the last photo update here. I let Curtis mold and recreate this stunt pack in "hero" form because he was the best person for the job. The best "mechanical" or non-organic replicas I've received in my decades in this hobby have all come from him, and his user name shows his affinity for this particular prop. He's wanted this pack since 1991 as much as any of us, and he's taking the time to get it right. I'm good with that, for my part! Good things come to those who wait.

20. harleyx

harleyx Member

After several emails. why won't The Rockeeter give me my money back.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  21. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

If there is a spot open for just the harness, I'd be interested.

22. dstone

dstone New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    harleyx likes this.
  23. harleyx

harleyx Member

PM must have been a mistake, Sorry for the inconvenience.

24. whoever

I'm getting regular email updates on this. Good communication on that front.

TheRocketeer and reelprops like this.
  25. harleyx

harleyx Member

ARE YOU NUTS !!!!!!

Almost Zero communications for almost a year !!!!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  26. reelprops

I’ve seen the progress on this and it’s gorgeous. Patience ppl. The payoff is coming

Reel

Machina and TheRocketeer like this.
  27. dstone

dstone New Member

harleyx, if you're no longer interested in selling your spot, please let me know so I can reallocate my funds to one of my other projects. Otherwise, I have funds ready to send to you (as stated in my last PM).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  28. harleyx

harleyx Member

I am still interested in selling my spot to the first person who wants it !
    PM me on how to proceed and that the Rocketeer understands you taking my slot.
    My deposit was $300.00.

mykindofscum likes this.
  29. xl97

xl97 Sr Member

Nice packs!!

These will go great with the electronics kits Valor is offering for the Rocketeer packs! (since there is so much room inside.. I dont believe the kits are for a specific version or anything.. so universal install/use regardless of where the pack comes from)

30. TheRocketeer

TheRocketeer Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey everyone, sorry for the inconsistent updates here.. I have sent everyone on the list updates. I have been taking pics constantly though, just seems like every time I go to do an update I am dealing with something else, like floods and car accidents.. just small things like that.... anyway here are some pics for an update.

I will edit this post over the next day or 2 putting comments in for the pictures to explain what is going on. I am making consistent progress on the pack though.. just super tough to try and get an accurate hero pack when most stuff hasn't been identified or cant be found and needs to be re invented :)

IMG_0879.jpg IMG_0880.jpg IMG_0881.jpg IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg IMG_0891.jpg IMG_0889.jpg IMG_0887.jpg IMG_0886.jpg IMG_0885(1).jpg IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_8370.jpg View attachment 815793 View attachment 815792 IMG_8371.jpg View attachment 815794

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    maxhebus, xl97, Mr_Sparkle and 5 others like this.
  31. framed

framed Well-Known Member

looks awesome!!!!

32. Don Sama

Don Sama New Member

It’s not just about the time... Rocketeer seems to have a problem with communication. I’ve read the comments above and most of them seem to relate to the same problem. If he is having personal issues that delay the good running of his work, he could at least say something about it.

Almost a year without any responses is a thing that shouldn’t happen.

I started a project with Rockeeter about a year ago and suddenly stopped sending me e-mails and updates. Since he gave me an expected time of 3-5 months I was wondering if something happened. Although delays are normal, he didn't warn me of any problems or issues he might have. I tried contacting him, but I didn't get any answers.

33. framed

framed Well-Known Member

you are doing such a great job mate, iexcited as a small child here amazing!!!

34. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

Picked up something exciting for Curtis to reference for the harnesses : A genuine vintage upper buckle! I'll be sending it up to him with the rest of the metal fans for the center holes. I know this project has taken a long time to come to fruition, but I do think it's going to be well worth the wait. As the person who initiated the run by sending up the production pack I'm as excited as anyone else here to see it completed. I think we're getting into the home stretch!

s-l1600-6.jpg s-l1600-7.jpg

framed and Machina like this.
  35. Magnus Darcrider

Magnus Darcrider Well-Known Member

*******, how did I miss this!

Project looks amazing. An accurate harness is one of my holy grails.

If a slot opens up, I would be interested.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

36. MTB

MTB Well-Known Member

Thats my buckle! You got that on eBay right? I know that scratch on that black table, it's my kitchen table.

Since then I got this........
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    framed and Machina like this.
  37. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

OF COURSE you're on the RPF! Yes, I was your buyer for the upper buckle! Thanks again - it's gonna make this run (and my finished pack) even better...

MTB likes this.
  38. framed

framed Well-Known Member

awesome where did you find it

39. MTB

MTB Well-Known Member

I traded my upper buckle for it. If anyone wants on I know where I can get a few more. Just pm me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

40. Talyn626

Talyn626 Member

So wish I had the finances for this. This is my grail piece!

41. andsuor

andsuor New Member

Any updates? Looking forward to see the progress

42. abastiensharp

abastiensharp Jr Member

Jet pack is looking great, hopefully this will come to fruition.

43. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

Curtis is working hard on it :)

37358768_10160945813575727_4102988902183206912_n.jpg

Hopefully he doesn't mind my sharing that image of his tabletop... He gave me a breakdown of how many parts he'll be casting for engines, cone fins, vents, etc for each kit. Sounds overwhelming to me, but I love that he's breaking it down into its best version for a clean cast/build!

framed, andsuor and Machina like this.
  44. major payne

major payne Active Member

Looks amazing. If any spots open up I’m keen.

45. whoever

So glad I got in on this run.

46. markpoon

markpoon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

hi TheRocketeer,

can you update us on the status of this project? I sent my $300 deposit on 5/19/17, being patient is one thing but I think we're entitled to some kind of updates, you can't expect us to wait indefinitely right? if you'e not going to deliver the rocket packs within the next few months, I would like my $ back...

47. Red7

Red7 New Member

Man, I wish I knew about this run so I could have gotten in on it!!! CRAAAAAAP!! I always miss out on this stuff!!!! :facepalm

48. framed

framed Well-Known Member

any new updates rocketeer?

49. framed

framed Well-Known Member

that looks awesome!!!

50. whoever

This and a full-size Ark are my two grails. Glad I got in on both runs.