1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Interest Rocketeer Rocket Pack and Harness screen accurate ***Deposits closed

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by TheRocketeer, Jan 29, 2017.

1. TheRocketeer

TheRocketeer Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: Rocketeer Rocket Pack and Harness screen accurate ***from production made pack*

Sorry didnt see this yesterday.. I did get a few things sourced, cable, fans, bolts, rod ends and mesh.. I also did some work on the engine part and I'm working on the other side of the pack right now. I will post some pics once I have a chance to take some :)

2. Jediguy

Jediguy Well-Known Member

Re: Rocketeer Rocket Pack and Harness screen accurate ***from production made pack*

this is so exciting

3. TheRocketeer

Me too :) I hope to have some good pics this weekend :) mesh came in.. just waiting for the rod end samples to see if they are accurate enough to use :)

4. whoever

whoever Well-Known Member

I've wanted one of these for decades... thanks for making it a reality!!

5. TheRocketeer

So here are a couple pics I took.. the other side of the pack is almost complete and smooth with the lines scribed in.. and rivets are being replaced now.. I found accurate mesh and a few other things. Took a a cast of the bottom of the engine and 3D printed the top of it to start a full engine to mold up :) .. anyway here are the pics

Engin_Side.jpg engine.jpg Engine_Top.jpg Mesh_Grill.jpg Bots.jpg

Your welcome :)

framed, Machina, dstone and 1 other person like this.
  6. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. TheRocketeer

OK guys I am closing down the deposits.. I will continue working on the pack and give updates when I can.. if you have any questions email me please :)

8. Flyboy

Flyboy New Member

Hope I'm not too late for this.

Please put me down for a harness and gauntlets.

9. TheRocketeer

Not too late :) on the list. But it's the activator "glove" not the gauntlets

10. EEvansHilton

EEvansHilton Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It's wrong to run around squeeing like a giddy school girl right? Right!?

11. TheRocketeer

Sounds like you are enjoying the updates? :)

12. EEvansHilton

Are you kidding me!? Of course I am! Like I said before, I don't look at spending this kind of money on a mere whim. So aside from the fact that this is my most sought after prop, I've looked at your past work and between that and the work I've seen on this thus far, I have never been so excited. This stands to be the crown jewel of my collection!

brandomack and Westies14 like this.
  13. TheRocketeer

Sounds good :) there are still a few pieces I am sourcing.. trying to get as accurate as I can with whats still available out there :) and mastering continues :)

14. Flyboy

Flyboy New Member

My apologies, difference in terminology. I did mean the activator glove.

I have the pilots gloves that fit underneath from and old Red Baron costume.

15. TheRocketeer

No problem :) just want to be clear is all

16. TheRocketeer

Hey everyone I just wanted to send an update.. I will have pics later on this week with more finished stuff :) but..

I have ordered all the rod ends and figured out a way to do the exhaust flaps.. took patterns for those and will be milling some this week if all goes well ;)
    I am working on the engine parts and pieces to try and get some nice accurate engines :) and working on mounts for the fan as well as new fins for the rocket tips.

Also on the harness I think I have found some of the strapping and have taken a pattern of the production pack that will be worked on to be like the hero harness.

I have Valor's electronics/sound kit as well so I am looking into anything that might help it install easier or a way to hook it up to the actuator glove :) .. so thats on the table now if anyone is getting his kit.

And pics later this week

framed, Machina, cyberblock and 2 others like this.
  17. Mr_Sparkle

Mr_Sparkle Well-Known Member

Excellent! So looking forward to this.... been a bucket list piece for so long. Glad to be in on the fun. Thanks for the hard work!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. whoever

So glad to hear this!!! I picked up his kit at one point because I KNEW EVENTUALLY this would be a reality. Thanks!!!

19. andsuor

andsuor New Member

Any updates? Eager to see the progress!

20. framed

framed Well-Known Member

Excited as a kid! Thank you rocket for making this happen.

21. harleyx

harleyx Member

Got to the party late, but if someone cancels out I am definitely in for all three items.

22. whoever

I don't get here but once a week, but I always appreciate how its going. Can't wait.. been a grail object for me.

23. EEvansHilton

Hey Rocketeer! I'm going to ask a boneheaded question, but did I get my deposit in to you?

24. TheRocketeer

OK this reminds me.. I opened up a few more deposits.. never heard back from some... so now deposits are closed for sure.. I will be ordering pieces and parts just to cover this run.. and I am working on this constantly here and there.. as soon as I have something nice enough to take pics of I will update :)

Yep you were the first one :)

Mr_Sparkle likes this.
  25. harleyx

harleyx Member

Just to clarify, I am willing to pay for all completed items, along with all electronics.
    I want your best completed pack and accessories and will send you additional funds, just PM me and I will make sure you are paid.

26. TheRocketeer

Not sure what your clarifying. But a PM would be a better way to contact me :)

27. harleyx

harleyx Member

PM sent !

28. harleyx

harleyx Member

Just curious, are the engine flap control rods going to be a solid rod or a telescopic rod ?
    My completed MIM Pack just has the solid steel rods.

framed likes this.
  29. TheRocketeer

Just like heronpavks for the movie. They will be solid rods. There weren't any telescopic rods on the packs.

30. harleyx

harleyx Member

11424689_974390439291438_23502005_n.jpg Cirrus X3 jetpack rocketeer.jpg CirrusX3 jetpack rocketeer.jpg Picture 13087271crop.jpg rocketeer CirrusX3 jetpack.jpg

Got these photos several years ago that I thought were original Disney packs and had telescopic flap rods, guess I was mistaken, thank you for the correction.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    framed likes this.
  31. TheRocketeer

4 out of the 5 pics are the metal pack. I'm making a hero pack, not sure about the one on the mannequin. But all the shots I have of the hero packs have solid rods. So that's what I'm going with :)

Machina and framed like this.
  32. harleyx

harleyx Member

Picture 4 of 5 is not a mannequin but an original pack found by someone in an obscure location and authenticated by Disney.
    Was just curious, but no big deal, just thought it might help in the authenticity of the pack.

framed and Mr_Sparkle like this.
  33. framed

framed Well-Known Member

Did you collect all the components already?
    i love to see what you have so far.

34. andsuor

andsuor New Member

Any updates on this? I understand it might take some time, but I'm still curious to see what progress there have been:)

terarbyte, framed and Machina like this.
  35. framed

framed Well-Known Member

me too very excited for this project!

36. EEvansHilton

Just poking my head over the fence, peaking in the workshop windows, putting a glass against the wall, peeping through the hole in the tent.......you know, spying...any tidbits, morsels, news of any kind?

framed likes this.
  37. major payne

major payne Active Member

WOW!!!

Very keen to jump on board if anyone decides to pullout of this run :D

framed likes this.
  38. framed

framed Well-Known Member

I like to see any progress on this project!
    Is it still in production Rocketeer?

39. markpoon

markpoon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

anyone heard from TheRocketeer? I've paid a $300 deposit for the rocket pack & there's no update from him since July so I'm getting a little worried :(

40. TheRocketeer

Hey guys

Yes I am still on this. Had to move shops and get a new one set up..not a planned thing.

I am still working on getting the engines accurate and all the pieces printed out. The main shell is pretty close to done and the grills are done. I still have a couple of things to make and some rivets to install. And the TIe rod ends are on the way according to the shipper. I have the 1/2 round pieces for the engine flaps and the template for the flaps themselves. Working out the best thickness for the aluminum for the flaps and what rod I will end up using for the connector rods. I am also trying to figure out what I can do for the buckle for everyone who is still interested in the harness.

I will update this thread more often now I am settled. But I assure you I will be making these as soon as I have everything ready and accurate.

maxhebus, framed, Machina and 2 others like this.
  41. markpoon

markpoon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

:thumbsup

42. harleyx

harleyx Member

Hopefully will get some Pics before Christmas !

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    framed likes this.
  43. framed

framed Well-Known Member

Thats good news.

44. framed

framed Well-Known Member

hello rocketeer,

any updates for christmas?

45. harleyx

harleyx Member

Thought this would be done by now, anyone want to buy my slot for $300.00 ?
    Have to move on as any new info is so slow for all these months.
    I'm sure that this will be an excellent build but really have just run out of patience.
    I need to move on,
    Rocketeer, I no longer want a complete finished pack as I already have one, please refund my $300.00
    Not sure how to do this but my interest in this project has gone else ware.
    Let me know how to proceed !

Mike

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  46. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just add to the above post. I’m willing to wait for this completed run but the issue I have is that a bunch of deposits of $300 were taken and. I thing is happening . If the money were used for materials, time worked on the project, etc, then that’s great. Problem is, nothing is actually happening with this. You’re essentially just sitting (or were sitting) on a few thousand dollars from us. This can’t go on indefinitely and there should be some progress, otherwise I agree, the people that put deposits down should be offered the chance of a refund.

47. TheRocketeer

Hey guys

Sorry but I was trying to get a few things done during the holiday season . All the money I collected was used for buying supplies, working on the mold to cast the master pack, work on the master cast, take multiple casts of the pack to get enough casts to work on vents etc.. I have put well over 100-150hrs just working on the hull.. then there are 300 rivets I need to place exactly where the originals are.
    I have also cast several base pieces for the engines, working on the parts I cant source in 3D to print and master.. I have gone through 3 different models..and different models to try and get the engines exactly like the originals..
    Some things held me up like waiting for things to ship here, getting the wrong pieces, ordering more.. waiting for models.. printing and reprinting. All this has cost way more time and money than I have collected or thought was going to be the case when I started this.
    I did tell everyone this will be a long process since I have to source or recreate pieces that no longer exist or can be found.

I have an engine model now that I am printing. I also have the smaller thin vents done and I am printing as I write this. so when I have finished prints I will be updating with those pics every time one finishes

Most of the work I have been doing on the hull would not make very good updates since its smoothing it out and making lines crisp.. primer, sand etc.. but with the parts printing, and vents being done I will get them placed and take more pics.

Again I am sorry for everyone waiting, but I am working on this as much as I can, still waiting for some more source photos from a hero pack to get a couple of parts just right :)

I also had a production made helmet shipped to me and I will be molding that very soon as I work away at the pack.. this will be offered to everyone on the run as well.

Here are some pics of the engines I am in the process of printing, prepping for print and starting to assemble as they come off the printers.

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 4.08.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 4.13.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 4.17.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 4.26.28 PM.png

framed, Machina, Westies14 and 2 others like this.
  48. maxhebus

maxhebus Well-Known Member

I'm so disappointed I don'y have the founds for this one. :(
    It's gonna be awesome. I can't wait to see all the progresses on the rocket, the harness and the activator.
    I'f you find a way to produce the buckles in metal, I'd be interested for at least two sets. ;)

49. ScottageCheese

ScottageCheese Member

I'm late to the party as usual. I saw someone back out of the deposit list.... that slot still open?

50. TheRocketeer

Just wanted to keep up with some updates. Had to print a couple times to get an accurate size to the exhaust and the hull.. but the test prints are done..for one side and assembled..here are some pics. I started printing the good copy for the opposite side now and should have some more to show after the weekend. They are mirrored and on a slight angle so there will be a left and a right side..yay :p more work and molds.

1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 3.jpg