Rocketeer Jetpack - EXPOSED! Finished.

This project will still happen. Unfortunately it’s packed away on a truck trailer in Canada and we’re back in New Zealand. But one day we will be reunited in Texas and I’ll be able to finish it. Can’t wait!

Well it’s been a couple years and shifting countries 3 times, but I finally got my teeth back into this build. It’s pretty much finished. I’m going to replace the stand with something vintage. Just needs to hold the weight as this thing is HEAVY!

IMG_5606.jpeg
IMG_5607.jpeg
IMG_5608.jpeg
IMG_5609.jpeg
IMG_5610.jpeg
IMG_5612.jpeg
IMG_5613.jpeg
IMG_5614.jpeg
IMG_5615.jpeg
IMG_5616.jpeg
IMG_5617.jpeg

Well it’s been a couple years and shifting countries 3 times, but I finally got my teeth back into this build. It’s pretty much finished. I’m going to replace the stand with something vintage. Just needs to hold the weight as this thing is HEAVY!

View attachment 1724025View attachment 1724026View attachment 1724027View attachment 1724028View attachment 1724029View attachment 1724030View attachment 1724031View attachment 1724032View attachment 1724033View attachment 1724034View attachment 1724035
Marvelous build/result mate:cool::cool:(y)(y):love::love::notworthy::notworthy: Would be fun to see it in the actual pack or an exploded view of it!

Spectacular. Glad you are working on the stand, as my only note is that the lamp harp is recognizable as a lamp harp.
Ha ha you’re not wrong! It was a last minute addition to hold up the vertical post. As I’m replacing the entire stand I was happy to run with it temporarily. Speaking of which, I found my base on marketplace last night. It’s an art deco lamp. Pick it up this afternoon.

IMG_5642.jpeg

Marvelous build/result mate:cool::cool:(y)(y):love::love::notworthy::notworthy: Would be fun to see it in the actual pack or an exploded view of it!
Ha ha I was thinking the exact same thing! In fact I even contemplated cutting up one of the two DO3D kits that I’m about to list in the junkyard. But we’re currently printing one of gnolivos amazing kits which will sit beside this thing when finished. So with an actual pack next to it I don’t think I need to bother with the exploded or cutaway option. I’ll have the pack, the exposed pack, the helmet, a blueprint and some storyboards all displayed together. Should look sweet!

Ha ha I was thinking the exact same thing! In fact I even contemplated cutting up one of the two DO3D kits that I’m about to list in the junkyard. But we’re currently printing one of gnolivos amazing kits which will sit beside this thing when finished. So with an actual pack next to it I don’t think I need to bother with the exploded or cutaway option. I’ll have the pack, the exposed pack, the helmet, a blueprint and some storyboards all displayed together. Should look sweet!
Thanks for the kind words! Would love to see progress of your Veepy pack build. I'm about 70% done with my first one.

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpeg
    IMG_0226.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 52
Thanks for the kind words! Would love to see progress of your Veepy pack build. I'm about 70% done with my first one.
That’s looking great! Is there a thread around for painting these things? I’d love to know what brand silver paint makers are having the most success with. I’ve used many different silver paints in my time and never really had great success with any of them.

That’s looking great! Is there a thread around for painting these things? I’d love to know what brand silver paint makers are having the most success with. I’ve used many different silver paints in my time and never really had great success with any of them.
I believe if you look for member ElRocketeer posts you will find painting tips

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back