Rocketeer Jetpack - EXPOSED! Finished.

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sometime back I got all inspired to build a naked Cirrus X3 rocket pack with the shells removed, exposing all the inner workings. More specifically, I wanted this to be a “junk-build” using bits and pieces I’d acquired over time. After a recent skip-dive I decided I had enough to get started.

P8PZwGo.jpg

My main engine is part weed-wacker, part vintage compressor parts...

MRlmYh5.jpg

The rockets themselves are a spare set of 3D printed parts, power tool motor magnets and coffee machine tanks...

ACigGA0.jpg

As I have a full pack kit here I can ensure everything is assembled in such a way to fit correctly inside the shells. Not that it will ever be inside shells, but I want to get the proportions right. After mounting the main engine and tanks I’m feeling good with the set up. The rockets will be angled correctly later.

K10TBKH.jpg

After a few hours of dressing things up a little with mostly sewing machine parts, it’s starting to take shape.

zrL4dCG.jpg

90Zp9Wc.jpg

NUfBs8o.jpg

zyywHt9.jpg

And the rear...

2SDFHe1.jpg

akqQz6F.jpg

Xq2QbyP.jpg

Early days with lots more to add and of course polishing all the metal parts and painting everything else.

As always, comments/suggestions welcome. (y)

Last edited:
Well!! I was always hoping someone would tackle that kinda project and you're the right person to do so! Fantastic so far (with an Art Deco flair, no less). Eager to see the next update(y)(y)(y)

Looks cool! You might want to add a fuel line or something at the top near the automufflers, one of the screen used packs had hinges on the cones, to "refuel" the pack.

- Jeff

Looks cool! You might want to add a fuel line or something at the top near the automufflers, one of the screen used packs had hinges on the cones, to "refuel" the pack.

Thanks Jeff, I knew the top portion of the prints are meant to be "tanks" but I didn't realise that was linked to a screen used pack with hinges. Very cool! Fuel lines are one of the items yet to be added, so I will keep that aspect in mind. Legend!

I'm using a fan base for the display stand...

wZt25J0.jpg

UGipplm.jpg

GpjiRwy.jpg

That should work. It will get painted and dressed up toward the end.

Moved on to the rockets and hose placement. I opted to lop off the 3D printed "fuel tanks" and expose the full magnets...

7UKNevd.jpg

jUaR906.jpg

BEhSZLg.jpg

Finished the fuel tanks with some more accessories then decided to polish everything. I'm loving how they look!

n16ODIV.jpg

HjA8jQg.jpg

Ov9FvYd.jpg

uT4pkcF.jpg

That inspired me to continue polishing. As my kids would say, it's so satisfying! Here's a couple before and afters...

TRpZAZV.jpg

P9TE4SH.jpg

I couldn't stop! Ended up polishing everything else too...

zhk7GNK.jpg

kcudxRg.jpg

GNHoHMA.jpg

IpVzkpj.jpg

MqcBraq.jpg

z47dKuf.jpg

uZ0q8LZ.jpg

KzyrvPY.jpg

Amazing how everything just comes together once polished.

Awesome mate!
You have a really good eye for this! nice work
Just curious? --as I have asked whenever I encounter a "Rocketeer" at a show or some event, about their jetpack & kit.
I always hear about how heavy it is and gets a bet tiresome to wear after a while.
I know your are not making this for wearing, ...just curious about the overall weight so far?

Awesome mate!
You have a really good eye for this! nice work
Just curious? --as I have asked whenever I encounter a "Rocketeer" at a show or some event, about their jetpack & kit.
I always hear about how heavy it is and gets a bet tiresome to wear after a while.
I know your are not making this for wearing, ...just curious about the overall weight so far?
It’s heavy! I’d have to weigh it when I get back to Canada but you wouldn’t wanna carry the thing around! Lol. Typical movie prop, looks great but totally impractical! Lol

I just want to drool all over that and study how it functions (if it were real of course) lol great job on the level of detail!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back