Limited Run Rocketeer Buckles

AGFRX7

Sr Member
I have decided to do a limited run of twenty-five (25) sets of my replica Rocketeer rocketpack harness buckles. I have been selling these kits via Shapeways for the past few years, but wanted to give more people the opportunity at a lower cost. Recently at auction, the real buckles sold for over $4,000 and are virtually impossible to find because they were WW1 german paratrooper buckles that we later scrapped for the now commonly used Cam-Lock style. I am charging $100 a set, before shipping. That is 1/50th the cost of a real buckle yet still gives you the look and functionality of the real thing.

To save on cost, these buckles with be 3D printed using an FDM filament printer along with an SLA Resin printer for the smaller, more detailed pieces. These buckles are fully functional and can be worn casually, but I do not recommend using them for long periods of time as they are more suited to be used as a static piece than all day at a convention. I will be taking 25 orders and will require a 50% deposit upfront, and 50% plus shipping costs when they are ready to mail out. I will not begin production until I have all 25 orders in place. I will not be selling the buckles separately, only as a set.

nc_ohc=_4WqGHjghZ4AX82uqIg&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.jpg
nc_ohc=88t796AZjucAX9xSMy1&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-1.png

The kit will include raw 3D printed pieces, unpainted and unassembled. You will need to paint the kit and provide your own rivets and spring. The kit will include instructions and what sizes of hardware needed to complete the kit.

Please follow this LINK to my build thread, to see how I tested and refined the buckles. I even got Adam Savage's seal of approval in a PM, and in person at Phoenix Comic-Con 2019. I will not be selling the buckles separately, only as a set. PM me for payment details. For those wanting them 3D printed in actual metal, please let me know as well, as this is an option, but it also very costly.
nc_ohc=gN695WdPcZ8AX_qy1EB&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.jpg

1. M Reeves - Email sent via FB - Deposit Paid - Shipping Email sent via FB - Fully Paid - Label Printed - shipped
2. R Rietow - Email sent Via FB - Deposit paid - Shipping Email sent via FB - Fully Paid - Label Printed - Shipped
3. R Lindelof - Email sent Via FB - Deposit Paid - Shipping Email sent via FB - Fully Paid - Label Printed - shipped
4. N Twizzlers - Email sent via FB - Deposit Paid - Shipping Email sent via FB - Fully Paid - Label Printed - Shipped
5. JediGuy - Email sent via RPF - Deposit Paid - Shipping Email Sent via RPF - Fully Paid - Label Printed
6. J Swarski - Email via FB - Deposit Paid - Shipping Email sent via FB - Fully Paid - label printed - shipped
7. Macorrie - Email via RPF - Deposit Paid - Shipping email sent via RPF - Fully Paid - label Printed - shipped
8. IvanTT13 - Email via RPF - Deposit Paid - Shipping email sent via RPF - Fully Paid - Label Printed - Shipped
9. ShortWookie - Email via RPF - Deposit paid - Shipping email sent via RPF - fully paid - label printed - shipped
10. 4949 - Email via RPF - Deposit Paid - Shipping email sent via RPF - Fully Paid - Label Printed - Shipped
11. Tony hardy - Email via RPF - Shipping Email sent - Fully Paid - Label Printed - Shipped
12. Paulhaga - Email via RPF - shipping Email sent - Fully Paid - Label Printed - Shipped
13. lapdave - Email via RPF - Deposit Paid - Shipping email sent via RPF - Fully Paid - Label Printed - shipped
14. D. Wells - Email via FB - Deposit Paid - Shipping Email sent via FB - Fully Paid - label Printed - shipped
15. A MacLeod - Email via FB - Deposit Paid - Shipping Email sent via FB - Fully Paid -Label Printed - shipped
16. andreasp - Email via RPF - Deposit Paid - Shipping Email sent Via RPF - Fully Paid - Label Printed - shipped
17. Ghostfan003 - Email via RPF- Deposit Paid - Shipping email sent via RPF - Fully Paid - Label Printed - Shipped
18. K Peckham - Email via FB - Deposit Paid - Shipping Email sent via FB - Fully Paid - Label Printed - shipped
19. HotShot - Email via RPF - Deposit Paid - Shipping email sent via RPF - Fully Paid - Label Printed - shipped
20. Westies 14 - Email via RPF - Deposit Paid - Shipping email sent via RPF - Fully Paid - Label Printed
21. Shadow x81 - Email via RPF - Deposit Paid - Shipping email sent via RPF - Fully Paid - Label Printed - Shipped
22. Greeble_Gremlin - Email via RPF - Deposit Paid - Shipping Email sent Via RPF - Fully Paid - Label Printed - shipped
23. A Hibbs - Email via FB - Deposit Paid - Shipping email sent via FB - Fully paid - Label Printed - shipped

The list is now closed. If you missed it, you will need to visit my Shapeways store

Last edited:
Hi, this is Robert Lindelof. I'm having trouble sending you a PM. I can't figure out why it's not working. I would like to add my name to the list for the buckles. Please contact me at pedipros.pedicabs@aol.com or on the Rocketeer page on Facebook. And let me just say that I am EXTREMELY grateful to you and appreciative of this opportunity of finally owning the buckles from the movie!!!

Last edited:
You don't happen to have a picture of how the buckle looks attached to the harness?
PM sent
Both the plastic and metal can hold the weight of a harness and the pack, but the metal one can definitely hold it. They are both functional. Plastic is mostly used for occasional wearing or display. Metal can be worn at any time, but the buckle creates a "bulge" under the jacket flap. in the film, they didn't use the buckles under the jacket so it was a smooth exterior. The buckles were only used when the pack was not on the actor. The only exception was on Neville Sinclair at the end, where he buckles the pack over his suit coat. I got a picture sent to me by a fella who purchased just the lower buckle, but it was in metal:
nc_ohc=yfiOMeqhfzkAX8Nm3iT&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-1.jpg

Last edited:
For those of you on this thread and therefore (I assume) are on the list, post the thread on your respective social medias! Let's get this awesome thing going!!

I’m interested, but I’m very curious about how much the metal ones cost.
I added it all up, and they come out to about $885. Still much cheaper than if you were to try and find an original, which one sold last for over $4k. I'm planning on getting the metal ones at s later time, as my rocket pack is made out of aluminum and weighs in at about 20 lbs, so i need something stronger than plastic. For display purposes or if you have a resin jetpack, this is a pretty amazing deal.

I added it all up, and they come out to about $885. Still much cheaper than if you were to try and find an original, which one sold last for over $4k. I'm planning on getting the metal ones at s later time, as my rocket pack is made out of aluminum and weighs in at about 20 lbs, so i need something stronger than plastic. For display purposes or if you have a resin jetpack, this is a pretty amazing deal.
WOW. Lol. I have a 3D printed pack from an Etsy seller. Hoping the plastic buckle will hold up.

WOW. Lol. I have a 3D printed pack from an Etsy seller. Hoping the plastic buckle will hold up.
I think you should be good. In all honesty it should prob be even good for mine... but i still want the metal ones! I attached a photo of mine and the buckles I'm currently using.

Attachments

• 20201025_181143.jpg
    20201025_181143.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 172
  • 20201009_121113.jpg
    20201009_121113.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 345
  • 20201008_225447.jpg
    20201008_225447.jpg
    875.9 KB · Views: 167
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back