Rock of Ages

Vivek

Master Member
Tom Cruise Takes The Stage In New ROCK OF AGES Trailer!!

Rock of Ages TRAILER 2 HD Official Tom Cruise Catherine Zeta-Jones - YouTube
Rock of Ages trailer. Based on the broadway musical.

rock-of-ages-movie-poster-01.jpg

They took all the rebellion, all the spirit of rock music and sucked it and out replaced it with tasteless, homogenized white milk.

I'd rather sit through the Justin Bieber movie.

I agree. The musical looked so good but this...why do we need famous movie? Just do an HD recording of the actual musical and release that as I'd pay to see it.

I agree. The musical looked so good but this...why do we need famous movie? Just do an HD recording of the actual musical and release that as I'd pay to see it.

I'd definitely rather see that.

This just looks awful.

It looks like they rewrote the musical for the screen and used Glee as the template for sure. Slap in the face to hair metal bands.

Why the hell wouldn't they just stick to the musical's script, and cast actual hair metal musicians? Ya know, some of the older hair metal musicians, and even some of the current ones, like Steel Panther? THAT would have been awesome.

I suppose it's obvious they felt the big names and the Glee-ified script would attract a bigger audience. Blegh.

Rock of Ages: Saw it last night

I went with an open mind, ignoring all the bad criticism and glad I did. It was a FUN, HEAD BANGING, FEET TAPPING ride for 2 hours! One of Tom Cruises best performances, Loved Russel Brand, Loved listening to Juilanne Houghs singing. Cannot wait to buy the soundtrack. Go with an open mind and to just have a good time. If you like 80's rock music, it's worth it just for the songs. Alec Baldwin was pretty good too and Miss Ackermann from the watchmen was SUPER HOT!

Re: Rock of Ages: Saw it last night

I haven't seen it yet but I have the soundtrack and to be honest some of their versions of the songs are better than the originals and beats the broadway recordings. I had my doubts at first but I think this is a pleasant surprise for folks.

DVD movie.... not for theaters.... My husbands best friend looks like a heavy Tom Cruise we will probably ask him what he thinks about his latest movie... heh

It's worth it, man. Play it on easy or normal and the RTS stuff isn't hard at all. Hell, it's worth it just to cruise around in the Deuce listening to Motorhead. :)

Took the wife the other night and actually enjoyed it. But I couldn't help but look at Cruise and just think Glenn Danzig.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back