robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 25/6 SHIN (left) PDO in first post!

Hey Robo, hows your mask? I have the face almost finished but I think mine might be a little too small :-( is the bottom of the jaw supposed to be even with your jaw while you wear it?

well, for the metalic look, use metalic paint silly! :lol
other tips: be sure to resin the helmet little by little, if not, you will warp it. one of my posts in this thread has left and right arms in it. its the pdo version. Im not 100% sure to to flip it but there's vids on youtube on how to do that in pepakura designer. Most dont actually fiberglass the peps, just buy soem bondo polyurethane resin mix it accordingly and brush it on, you can use regular cloth for some extra added stability or heck, even pay about $6 and get some fiberglass cloth. Although everything you have asked has been answered many times before. Check out youtube, theres a million videos on how to with papakura.

I checked a few forums but couldn't find exact answers and since it's my first build I want to make it as good as possible to see if this is something I want to keep doing, you know depending on my success. Metallic paint I didn't even know I could use that LMAO :lol I only have the viewer that's why I cant flip stuff, I will check for ur arm file, I hope we get the rest of the parts soon, if we don't is there any other parts I can use that might be universal as well? I am already searching for the ingredients to cover up the armor but you have been great help thanks a lot and I will definitely get some youtube tutorial videos. :)

finally i've activated my account. I've been a fan of ironman since i was a child and when i saw the movie iron man 2 i researched how to make iron man costumes and found this thread. helped me a lot. i've been following this for a month, and thank you robo for the files. i just wanna share my excitement. hehe LOL. btw hope you get well soon, better. ^^ anyway i'm glad the leg parts are posted but i wonder if you'll post the right parts as well coz' i don't know how to flip parts im only using pep viewer here. btw i'm from the Phils. ^^ more power robo

@punisher: here's a pic of the finished pep, i'll be posting a thread in the replica props section to cover my weekend build of the mask......

image13hg.jpg

@vampraziel: the left and right arm files are all in the first post, they both look like left arms in the 3d view but the patterns are flipped...

@quovadis0920: right leg files are still being sorted out but are coming soon

ok thanks again robo.. i see you're working on a new project again.
you work fast huh

@punisher: here's a pic of the finished pep, i'll be posting a thread in the replica props section to cover my weekend build of the mask......

image13hg.jpg

@vampraziel: the left and right arm files are all in the first post, they both look like left arms in the 3d view but the patterns are flipped...

Amazing model and very good skills at pepping Robo ;)

What kind of paper and glue did you use? it seems pretty solid.

it looks solid cos thats actually taken after i'd hardened it....lol.....

i just use regular cardstock (is it 110lbs? i'm clueless about that stuff...lol) and i don't actually use glue, i use double sided tape....but because i don't use resin i don't have to worry about the resin eating the tape and my pep falling apart....

i've made my thread in the props section for the mask so if you guys want to pop over and say hi feel free

http://www.therpf.com/f9/jack-bauer-assault-mask-weekend-build-89669/

image13hg.jpg

Robo sorry man LMAO I can't believe I didn't catch the whole the arm is right but the parts are flipped on the unfold, I must've read that like 10 times when you guys originally posted it. I like your new project, it reminds me of ARMY OF TWO and I really like those games I still have both. You say you don't use resin to harden, then what do you use?

I was thinking of going foamcore like Cardboard King, but I am unsure as to how he gets his measurements to fit properly or how he cuts it. For the Mark VI you guys are posting I was thinking of Resin (fiberglass right?) Bondo and primer I believe? Also from what I understand I apply Resin first to the inside. then out, and then sand it, then bondo and sand again and lastly primer before paint? Feel free to correct me at any time or throw in some tips. I need to get the Cardstock, I can just get that at wal-mart right?

Also to all the people in here, I cannot thank you enough for the pdo files, and for taking your time to not only design these things, but to help us NOOBS understand all this. Once I get the hang of all this I would like to build all sorts of designs and help other people out as well. I once saw a Master Chief armor created something like this on sale on Ebay, it sold for like $6000 and I was like wow I could never afford something like that, plus I don't even know if it would fit me. Now I can just create my own and out of freaking paper! THANKS A LOT GUYS! I know it's going to cost me about $200-$300 in materials from what I hear but the savings are way awesome and I can afford those prices every 3-4 paychecks or just wait till my financial aid kicks in in like 2 months lol

robo, absolutely amazing work on everything! I'm using your files for my Mark IV build over on the 405th. I found this thread after google-ing Iron Man Mark IV pdo. I read through it and I really have to complement everyone on their input and ideas. Collaboration is a fantastic thing!
If you have a chance, can you make the piece that connects the thigh with the cod? It's pretty much just the top of the leg and the circular piece on the side of the cod. I noticed it was on your model, but not in the pdo's.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am new here and the mark VI would be my first project since I would like to build it with a few friends for halloween. I have a few questions though, I hope you guys can help me.

1. I saw some of the files in the first page but noticed the arms are all left even though some say right and I can't flip them. <-------------- (TOTAL NOOB)

2. Could someone tell me or give me a link to the materials I would need and how the process goes for a fiber glass armor?

3. I would also like to know how can I make it look metallic, as in what kind of paint can I use to give it this look.

I am planning to have a helmet that opens and closes on its own along with the light up eyes, I have a few engineer friends who said they could help me with this.

Any other tips are welcome and if anyone has an entire Mark VI set of files unfolded I would appreciate them as well. You can email me at v_raziel@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

I'm a first timer also, but I've been following the board and doing research of my own. and heres my answer to your number 2 and 3 questions:

2. once you pep your work, buy fiberglass resin and hardener and mix according to directions in small amounts. brush onto your work a section at a time to prevent warpage as well as to minimize premature drying of your resin. once your work is fully resined and dried, its hard enough to accept fiberglass. Take more resin with hardener and apply an area inside the work, then apply a small narrow strip of fiberglass cloth on top of the resin and cover it with more resin. repeat on the entire interior and be sure to let it dry following a second layer in an opposing direction for maximum strength. afterward, you're on to the sanding/bondo stage for cleaning up the exterior, which is now workable after fiberglass supports.

3. for the metallic looking thing, i can suggest one of two things since i refinish guitars with this effect many times.

A: lay down a silver or chrome base coat followed by a thin layer or layers of the desired color. Enough to color it, and yet still have the metallic undercoat shine through. you can also use colored guitar laquer which is semi transparent in nature.

B: This method produces an anodized look, which is maybe too metallic. buy anodizing converter and spray a layer of that, and then spray anodized metal paint in the color you want. these cans of paint are available at wal mart and other paint stores.

I'm a first timer also, but I've been following the board and doing research of my own. and heres my answer to your number 2 and 3 questions:

2. once you pep your work, buy fiberglass resin and hardener and mix according to directions in small amounts. brush onto your work a section at a time to prevent warpage as well as to minimize premature drying of your resin. once your work is fully resined and dried, its hard enough to accept fiberglass. Take more resin with hardener and apply an area inside the work, then apply a small narrow strip of fiberglass cloth on top of the resin and cover it with more resin. repeat on the entire interior and be sure to let it dry following a second layer in an opposing direction for maximum strength. afterward, you're on to the sanding/bondo stage for cleaning up the exterior, which is now workable after fiberglass supports.

3. for the metallic looking thing, i can suggest one of two things since i refinish guitars with this effect many times.

A: lay down a silver or chrome base coat followed by a thin layer or layers of the desired color. Enough to color it, and yet still have the metallic undercoat shine through. you can also use colored guitar laquer which is semi transparent in nature.

B: This method produces an anodized look, which is maybe too metallic. buy anodizing converter and spray a layer of that, and then spray anodized metal paint in the color you want. these cans of paint are available at wal mart and other paint stores.

Ah Wal-Mart the beggining and the end to all my problems LOL. Thanks a lot this will definitely help me. I've been watching videos on youtube too, there's a lot of good info, they make it look easy, but your advice on the fiberglass and bondo is cool cuz they do it in the video but they dont say much about it. I will definitely look into that paint as well, I wont start work probably till the end of next week, but from there I will only have till before halloween to finish an entire build, I hope it's enough time for a NOOB. :wacko

btw the walmart brand is called x metal or metal x i think.

Hey guys I flipped the unfolds for the right shin and right thigh I hope that's ok, I couldnt flip the 3d model but the unfold is fine if anyone wants it can they tell me how to upload it so you guys can have it, I guess this makes it easier since now we are missing less parts, unless you guys really want to wait for the flip versions of them from the original authors. As it is they have loads of stuff to work on so I wanted to help a bit, I have pepakura designer the full working version and I flipped them. :angel

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 27/6 first post rewritten, RIGHT LEG in first p

models are looking great man, i'm about to start peping the legs soon, i just finished one arm and still working on bondoing my helmet.

Heres some quick pics of my helmet for anyone that cares, don't mind the non smooth look, i just painted to see if i got the colors right.

36882_536972771344_124303322_314584.jpg

34212_537024777124_124303322_314597.jpg

34038_10150213070685463_726445462_1.jpg

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 27/6 first post rewritten, RIGHT LEG in first p

@ balmung dude is that helmet dungbeetle's? ^^

@robo dude i was wondering if you have any bleach anime pep files?

@balmung i have constructed a pep helm using dungbeetle's. but so far it was the first pep file he made and the unfold didn't have numbers. haha i took a lot of time completing it. I'm now doing shark's helm and see if it's better than dungbeetle's helm.

@balmung i have constructed a pep helm using dungbeetle's. but so far it was the first pep file he made and the unfold didn't have numbers. haha i took a lot of time completing it. I'm now doing shark's helm and see if it's better than dungbeetle's helm.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back