robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 25/6 SHIN (left) PDO in first post!

Ah, I see. Poly by Poly or spline/nurbs modeling ?

i usually go the poly by poly route....its only recently that i've focused on doing this low poly/pep kind of work, normally I go super detailled with things.....i spent much of the last year working solely in zbrush doing sculpting....

Thats just plain old fashioned INSANE! wow youre quick at modeling!If you have 5 minutes to spare, you should try modeling the suitcase armor :lol

lol....now now...don't go getting any crazy ideas.....:)

actually, I now prefer this version MUCHO LOL :lol YouTube - 24 - Kidnapping Logan: Benny Hill Style
lol i found that one too....the full scene is the best though....the bithe just stands on the hood of the car and blasts the windscreen with a shotgun till a hole breaks in it and then stuffs a tear gas canister in....pure awesome

Seriously ROBO you are a machine..

thats nothing lol....i've already cut and scored all the pieces and am just about to start building, and with a long night of tennis and soccer to keep me occupied I expect to finish the pep before tomorrow morning....

Robo. Any way we can see a current complete model of the entire Iron Man in color.. just for fun?

i'll see what i can do...

Hey robo, how bout that Mk VI brace eh?

gah, i keep forgetting! it'll be up tomorrow for sure.....

Perhaps you could also pose the complete Iron Man model in a funny pose?

Hey Robo, the links to the hand pdo files arent working. Is anyone else having the same problem. The link to 4shared works but the actual downloading of the file isnt working. BTW, amazing work, you are truly an ironman.

I just downloaded and opened the hands, fingers and plate with no problems. Maybe 4share had a system burp when you tried to get them?

and make the ironman pose be something sexy, with a huge 1940 supermodel hat and with eyelashes and a thong? LMAO :lol
Ok I just got the mask printed out, Ill try to beat you at putting it together. although Im sure you have it done by now. Your armor makes me want to get a cri cut printer. Yay forced manual robot printer labor! Sucks that scissors are cheaper and I have not so much money right now :-(

Last edited:

Wait a minute.... ROBO you use a CriCut? That would explain your speed. ROBO please IM. I want details on where you got yours etc. I am going to get one.

nah I just use plain old scissors.....lol....it kind of therapeutic cutting everything out.....

in other news I just finished the mask pep....it's now 4am.......lol......I'll be posting a pic in the morning because now I'd really like to sleep....

it was roughly 11 hours from first polygon to last piece of cardboard......now I know how those guys at Wimbledon felt

Be honest, youre a robot arent you?
Pep IS a very zen like experience. Like trimming a tiny bonzai tree. :lol

Youre right simple, 4shared must have just had a hiccup. Files downloaded just fine now.

After much lurking and playing around I think its time I actually got started doing something :)

I have been playing with Pep for a while making cardboard tanks for my son to use in his Warhammer 40K games. I even bought a craftrobo cause the cutting was doing my head in !

Time I started on something for me and robo3687 and the others on this thread have inspired me to go for the Iron Man Mark VI suit.

First off though I have a question. Sharkheads helemet is cool but I wanted to incorporate the hinged back of the helmet idea. Given that I know my way around pep designer and google sketchup (which is what I made the tanks with). Would it be easier to Pep and glass the file as is then cut it to make the changes for the hinged back piece or remodel and unfold ?

Thanks

Woody

I suggest you to take a look at my helmet it is fully functional, and now it's unlocked so you can scale it. Right now i have no tutorial but you can check the helmet forum.

Man this is a bit of a minefield. These helmets are all pretty close given that they are all based of the same sources pretty muc.

I like the detail on Sharkheads helmet though so I think I'll go with that.

I am thinking that a hinged back piece that's sprung so if you look directly upwards it will be able to slide inside a bit allowing more freedom but will slide back out as you look down.

Man this is a bit of a minefield. These helmets are all pretty close given that they are all based of the same sources pretty muc.

I like the detail on Sharkheads helmet though so I think I'll go with that.

I am thinking that a hinged back piece that's sprung so if you look directly upwards it will be able to slide inside a bit allowing more freedom but will slide back out as you look down.

In my helmet the back pieces just do that they slide inside by turning around the "headphones" pieces. This is helpful to get into it.

ok so i just resined my helmet, and this is my second go at it. The first time i used resin jelly and totally messed up the helmet. but i kept going and used the regular resin for the fiberglass mat. When i was doing it then, i remember the resin turning into a jelly like substance within a couple minutes. I figured i used to much hardener, especially since i ran out with alittle over half of the resin left.

So i just resined the pep, and the wierd thing is the resin didnt turn into the jelly like substance again this time, even though i used less hardener, im sure it was enough. I think finhead said it was about 1-2% hardener and i definately did at least that. But just to be safe i put some hardener on a brush and brushed the helmet again. Then i did a second layer, this time putting extra hardener. This was all done in about 30 minutes and i know the curing time is like 2 hours but before i left it out to dry it was still wet and didnt seem to be drying at all, when before it was getting sticky before i could finish. Anyone know what the problem(if there is one) is?

ok so i just resined my helmet, and this is my second go at it. The first time i used resin jelly and totally messed up the helmet. but i kept going and used the regular resin for the fiberglass mat. When i was doing it then, i remember the resin turning into a jelly like substance within a couple minutes. I figured i used to much hardener, especially since i ran out with alittle over half of the resin left.

So i just resined the pep, and the wierd thing is the resin didnt turn into the jelly like substance again this time, even though i used less hardener, im sure it was enough. I think finhead said it was about 1-2% hardener and i definately did at least that. But just to be safe i put some hardener on a brush and brushed the helmet again. Then i did a second layer, this time putting extra hardener. This was all done in about 30 minutes and i know the curing time is like 2 hours but before i left it out to dry it was still wet and didnt seem to be drying at all, when before it was getting sticky before i could finish. Anyone know what the problem(if there is one) is?
Being sticky should be fine. Remember you have to use filler over it so don't worry. What you have to be careful about is using too much hardener on the resin cause the resin will turn too brittle. Best thing is do 1oz of resin (10 drops of MEK-P) at a time.

I know most MEK-P come in tubes so what you can do is buy a "medicine dropper bottle" and transfer your MEK-P to that so you have a good calibrated amount of drops.

Last edited:

I am new here and the mark VI would be my first project since I would like to build it with a few friends for halloween. I have a few questions though, I hope you guys can help me.

1. I saw some of the files in the first page but noticed the arms are all left even though some say right and I can't flip them. <-------------- (TOTAL NOOB)

2. Could someone tell me or give me a link to the materials I would need and how the process goes for a fiber glass armor?

3. I would also like to know how can I make it look metallic, as in what kind of paint can I use to give it this look.

I am planning to have a helmet that opens and closes on its own along with the light up eyes, I have a few engineer friends who said they could help me with this.

Any other tips are welcome and if anyone has an entire Mark VI set of files unfolded I would appreciate them as well. You can email me at v_raziel@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

well, for the metalic look, use metalic paint silly! :lol
other tips: be sure to resin the helmet little by little, if not, you will warp it. one of my posts in this thread has left and right arms in it. its the pdo version. Im not 100% sure to to flip it but there's vids on youtube on how to do that in pepakura designer. Most dont actually fiberglass the peps, just buy soem bondo polyurethane resin mix it accordingly and brush it on, you can use regular cloth for some extra added stability or heck, even pay about $6 and get some fiberglass cloth. Although everything you have asked has been answered many times before. Check out youtube, theres a million videos on how to with papakura.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back