robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 16/6 supports now available in first post

yeh the one balmung has is a modification samuray over on the 405th did on dungbeetles helmet that had a smaller chin.....

Thanks for the arms, i'm going to include the upper part of them in my suit, i was going to design the upper arms and shoulder pads, but yours are just great :thumbsup.

guys i think i might still have another day or 2 of food poisoning symptoms left....so modeling will probably get back underway towards the end of the week.....

on a side note i've been doing more researching and testing for my ezio project....well as much as can be done from bed.....

i have discovered why they invented machines to do embroidering.....it took me 1.5 hours to do a little test section about 2 inches long by hand....and that was about 10% of a design thats repeated about 15 times on ONE section of the outfit....lol...

i think if i ever do it for real I'll be getting someone with a machine to do it for me....lol....

I've actually been working on a mechanism to recreate the blade as functionally as possible. All I've come up with will either be too thick, or one way. :p

1. 3 automatic knife mechanisms put together (probably too thick)

2. Spring loaded with manual return

3. Manual flick action with weak spring return.

eh...

Easy, just make a big otf knife. Its 2 springs. you can look up how they work online or buy a cheap one and take it apart yourself and see.

here's a little something i'd been meaning to put up for a while but had to wait till the 405th came back to grab it.....

here's my helmet I pepped, its the mr oreo unfold of dungbeetles helmet.....

headneck.jpg

405th's back up? sweet!!!

I just got back from watchin the Big 4 concert in the theater and it felt like i was in there forever... but it was AWESOME!!!!

zing

the legs have now been modeled (minus the edging)
044nc.jpg

i'll start unfolding it soon....

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 23/6 Legs are now modeled, pg 10 unfold 2 come

amazing

you should separate the shins and thighs if possible, cause they will scale differently per person.

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 23/6 Legs are now modeled, pg 10 unfold 2 come

amazing

you should separate the shins and thighs cause they will scale differently per person.

yep, i'll be doing that

i should also note that they're probably not 100% accurate to the cg suit probably closer to around 85%...

i had to push a few things out in order to make them so they'd fit a human leg so a few proportions might be a bit different, but the overall look is there...

can you sidebyside reference these differences?

yep, i'll be doing that

i should also note that they're probably not 100% accurate to the cg suit probably closer to around 85%...

i had to push a few things out in order to make them so they'd fit a human leg so a few proportions might be a bit different, but the overall look is there...
you could make the legs the same scale as from the movie even though the porportions are wrong, like the boot that was shown in a topic that i forgot lol but you can increas the height of your foot at an angle so the foot height is increased but not the size. did anything i just said make any sense? :)

i should have clarified a little....the majority of the length proportions are right but i just had to widen it a little in places (such as the knee) as the cg suit has very skinny legs for some reason....

oh ok, cuz i was referencing your renders vs the xbox game renders and i didnt catch the knee width difference.

IronManMK6.jpg

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 23/6 THIGH (left) PDO in first post!

yeh its a subtle difference.....nothing overly drastic....

and in other news....

the unfold for the thigh is linked in the first post

Awesome! Im working on the dungbeetle helmet also, watch out on the back parts of the sides when resining, they night try to cave inwards. Thats what mine did and Im having to use a chisel and crack the inside here and there so I can bow it back out....wish I would have caught that mistake before pouring over half a can of resin inside of my entire helmet :lol
Youre getting very close to finishing this bad boy up! :thumbsup

Hey Robo, glad to see more stuff from you. Hope you are feeling better :)

i hate to be a pest, but any word on the mkVI chest brace? :) (again, sorry to be a pest)

These are really awesome. Thanks for doing all this work!

yeh its a subtle difference.....nothing overly drastic....

and in other news....

the unfold for the thigh is linked in the first post

THNX , can i post the links on SIWDAT?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back