RIP Dave Prowse

Although I never got to meet him, a friend of mine was able to take a don post Vader helmet of mine to get autographed by Mr. Prowse at a convention some years back. I’ve got to say that it is one of my most prized possessions. R.I.P. Mr. Prowse, God Bless, and my prayers for your family.

Attachments

• F506E358-9033-4147-A740-6DC211391C4C.jpeg
    F506E358-9033-4147-A740-6DC211391C4C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
Gotta love William Shatner's tweet (don't know if you can post the real tweet on here or not?):
Saddened to wake up to the news that my Twitter friend David Prowse passed away. David, a literal giant among men, played many roles in his career. His most famous role was being the misunderstood father who tried to give the universe to his very disobedient twins. #DarthVader

Many years ago Dave Prowse and James Earl Jones were kind enough to sign this custom metal plaque I sent to both. In fact Mr. Jones signed it twice, as his signature faded in time. Rest In Peace Mr. Prowse, may the Force be with you, Lord Vader!

MR Vader plaque 01b.jpg

His sheer physicality and gestures on the big screen , were just as impressive , frightening, and as memorable as the voice... to a ( then 11 yr old ).
Thank you sir. RIP , and sincerest condolences to your family.

Damn another icon gone.

I hope when he reaches the pearly gates they address him as David Prowse The Darth Vader. Apparently he liked to refer himself as such.

We've lost so many this year... no matter how old they are to us, the fans, they die too young. Rest in peace Mr Prowse.

Mr. Prowse's daughter - Rachel Prowse, confirmed her father had been hospitalized for the last two weeks with Covid. Confirming the cause of death, Rachel Prowse said, “It’s horrible that Covid restrictions meant we did not get to see him and say goodbye. But when we went to collect his stuff from the hospital the nurse said what a cool guy he was. He was such a larger-than-life character. He would have loved to see himself trending on Twitter.”

Thanks David...

He did such a great job. I liked the subtlety. He walked fast so people had to make a real effort to keep up with him. Things like that.

He was great and I feel he never got the credit he deserved.

It's also amazing to see how many people got to meet him and everyone talks about what a great person he was.

it was so clear to me when when David Prowse was in costume vs when he wasn't, to me in Rogue 1 I could tell his gait/stride was off, no one really captured that stride, purposeful walk Vader had like Mr. Prowse did. None like him, RIP Mr. Prowse, thank you for the memories

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back