RIP Dave Prowse

The Green Cross Code Man, A Clockwork Orange, Hammer horror films, Darth Vader, the man who helped Christopher Reeve bulk up to become Superman. David had a very notable careeer. I had the chance to meet David at a convention in 2012 and he was very nice.
David Prowse.JPG
In a truly terrible year we've lost another legend. Godspeed Mr. Prowse, you will be sorely missed!

Last edited:
Sorry to see him go, but 85 is a good run. Having Darth Vader as your legacy is a pretty damn big thing. We all met him at cons and know what a nice guy he was. Beyond the voice, Vader's physicality is equally important to the role to give the character presence. Vader has to dominate the room, not just be in it, he doesn't have to speak to be threatening, and Dave brought that.

Ages ago I met him at a very small con in a church basement way uptown in Manhattan. I told him about us, and he responded, "Tell them I said hello and to come out and see me." So Dave gave the RPF a nod back in the day.

Rest easy, Dave.

Quick and dirty, but...
ROTJ Force Ghosts 2 DAV E PROWSE.jpg

Last edited:
Had many a pint with him.

Our greeting to each other were not hey or hi but YOU AGAIN!! :confused:

At first done seriously and then in jest.

When we first met he disparaged Star Trek and so I lit into him about Star Wars.

Our conversations were very “animated” to say the least, but over time we had a meeting of the minds at one Con where I took him out to lunch at a place away from where the con was because he was being overwhelmed and needed some time away.

In the end one of the Con organizers said we were like two Carnys carrying on behind the tents :D

Love you old Man save a place for me by the fire..........

Rest in Piece Mr. Prowse. Thank you for your contributions in bringing the most iconic movie villain to life. You have touched the lives of millions across multiple generations.

Man this years sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really felt Mr. Prowse got screwed. It should have been him we see at the end of ROTJ. I know all about the reasons, no need to rehash and I loved Sebastian Shaw, but it should have been David Prowse. He deserved it.

Anyway everyone says what a wonderful man he was.

Can't wait to meet you in heaven.

Rest now.

Looking at this quick version could any of our talented people hear make a good pic of Mr. Prowse in the ROTJ reveal scene as well as this celebration scene. I think it would make a great tribute.

Maybe an interest list.

I would love to print or buy a nice copy of both and put them next to my ROTJ helmet.

Thanks

RIP Mr. Prowse.
I got to meet him in the early 90's. We talked for about an hour. It was nice getting to know a little about the man behind the mask.

Man this years sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really felt Mr. Prowse got screwed. It should have been him we see at the end of ROTJ. I know all about the reasons, no need to rehash and I loved Sebastian Shaw, but it should have been David Prowse. He deserved it.

Anyway everyone says what a wonderful man he was.

Can't wait to meet you in heaven.

Rest now.

Looking at this quick version could any of our talented people hear make a good pic of Mr. Prowse in the ROTJ reveal scene as well as this celebration scene. I think it would make a great tribute.

Maybe an interest list.

I would love to print or buy a nice copy of both and put them next to my ROTJ helmet.

Thanks

If anyone has not yet seen the fairly recent documentary, "I Am Your Father" it is a must watch. It gets into the life of Prowse, his career, his view on the fallout with Lucas. The film team also recreates the ROTJ Vader unmasking scene with David Prowse in the Vader suit... only, for legal reasons with Lucasfilm, they only show behind the scenes footage of them getting ready for the scene, not the actual scene itself. As far as I know, the new "Vader reveal" scene with Prowse was only shown to an audience on one occasion.

I not sure if anyone here might have some screen caps or additional BTS footage of the Prowse ROTJ reveal scene shoot?

Farewell Dave. My condolences to your family.

I‘ve seen Star Wars at the age of 11 in 1978, and Darth Vader became my hero - he still is. But who was the man behind the mask? Finally, on a small convention in London back in 1994, I met Dave for the first time. It was completely unexpected, out of the blue. And I felt like a little kid, throwing every question at him that came into my mind, about the shooting, the costume. A little later, I invited Dave to be special guest on a convention at the Babelsberg Film studios. What a great time we had! We met again in Munich for a TV show, where I was wearing a Vader costume and Dave was interviewed about his career. I fondly remember our long conversations when he told me about his career, his family and bodybuilding. Some years ago, I met Dave for the last time at a convention in Hamburg.

Mr. David Prowse, you made a fanboy a very lucky boy - lucky not only to meet the actor who portrayed the greatest movie villain of all time, but to meet the generous, friendly and always warm-hearted man behind the mask. Thank you so much for the moments you shared with me. They are a very precious part of my memories.
8BB68DA7-445E-4759-A621-B5F1A4643B5A.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back