Rick Deckard Blade Runner 1982 - Soup to Nuts!

Well, here we are with the final prototype/mock up

We just need to source our final buttons and decide if we will use a commercial fabric or do garment dyed.

Hoping to have some time to work on the patchwork shirt in the coming weekends.

The patchwork shirt and the blazer may be items I do runs of, (through my Etsy shop to allow for the most buyer/seller protection). But the trench coat will not be done in numbers larger than myself, and Mark.
0717BCCF-0146-4AED-8C9D-82304164DE7C.jpeg

Thanks you guys! I am in the middle of another with a few more changes, but I think I've hit everything dimensionally I should.

Just needing buttons and suitable fabric colors.

I did receive my fabric for the patchwork shirt! Excited for this, as I used the best reference I could find (a friend was able to see it in person at one point)

The downside is one of scale. The scale of the pattern is guesswork. I *could* assume
The button size on the shirt and go from there, but that would really only scale for the screen used shirts, and I am a lot larger than Harrison Ford was at the time (looking at the research Indy fans have done) so the pattern will just have to be what it is.

Work and life are pretty busy right now, but I am hoping to get that shirt wrapped up in March.

We just need to source our final buttons and decide if we will use a commercial fabric or do garment dyed.

The patchwork shirt and the blazer may be items I do runs of, (through my Etsy shop to allow for the most buyer/seller protection). But the trench coat will not be done in numbers larger than myself, and Mark.
View attachment 1547704
Absolutely cannot wait till the finished product I have seen a lot and I do mean a lot of decorates trees a lot of Decker's trench Coats and I have never seen one that had all these details from these details from the wrinkling of the fabric everything is everything is spot on. Once you find the right fabric for the color it's going to be out of this world. I've always wanted to own one of these and I absolutely love your thread

I was playing the waiting game on supplies today, so I figured I'd dig into this shirt.

I'll have to rescale the printed portions, but boy, this is a weirdly constructed shirt.

On the next shirt, I may use a greener chambray material, but it depends a lot on the light.

Attachments

• 7450D3B7-30FF-4188-A53C-B92678C1939A.jpeg
    7450D3B7-30FF-4188-A53C-B92678C1939A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 142
  • 29D67834-5CF7-42F6-AF9D-F8167E29C1FA.jpeg
    29D67834-5CF7-42F6-AF9D-F8167E29C1FA.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 131
  • 0672D3BB-AED6-4211-8E74-487B8F283F61.jpeg
    0672D3BB-AED6-4211-8E74-487B8F283F61.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 152
Eagerly following this thread with baited breath. If anyone wants to join me in begging (harassing ;p ) Egon to sell the full ensemble as a run, including the coats, now's your chance. Coming from having just modded my Soul Revolver Officer K coat in full (and that was a pricey job, to be sure), I imagine that whatever cost would be commensurate with the labor involved for making a full Deckard run would be an amount I, and many others here, would be willing to pay. I was literally *this* close to buying the full Indy Magnoli set this week, but seeing all the inaccuracies (that seem to have been corrected in this thread) has me having second thoughts.

Seriously, Egon --it's a beautiful job. You've outdone yourself, I'm legitimately jealous, for the rest of us who have been eyeing this outfit, I'm sincerely hoping you end up doing a full run or at the very least the more widely available Magnoli patterns get updated.

Eagerly following this thread with baited breath. If anyone wants to join me in begging (harassing ;p ) Egon to sell the full ensemble as a run, including the coats, now's your chance. Coming from having just modded my Soul Revolver Officer K coat in full (and that was a pricey job, to be sure), I imagine that whatever cost would be commensurate with the labor involved for making a full Deckard run would be an amount I, and many others here, would be willing to pay. I was literally *this* close to buying the full Indy Magnoli set this week, but seeing all the inaccuracies (that seem to have been corrected in this thread) has me having second thoughts.

Seriously, Egon --it's a beautiful job. You've outdone yourself, I'm legitimately jealous, for the rest of us who have been eyeing this outfit, I'm sincerely hoping you end up doing a full run or at the very least the more widely available Magnoli patterns get updated.

Thanks for the words !

I can confirm as of now that I can not do a run of Trench Coats. Now, that's not to keep them exclusive or anything. They are just a ton of work, and it was the agreement I made with the member I started the project with.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are updated jacket designs that come out soon. Seeing how Magnoli has recently released their version of what they call the Nexus shirt, and how there is a new show in development, I foresee a lot more makers diving into Blade Runner.

Unfortunately, I just don't have the resources to scale production much, if at all, specifically with some of these pieces. There are many other makes - Magnoli, Zlurpo, Cossky (or whatever they go by now) etc, that have access to production floors, milling, dying, etc. I am a one man show.

That's not to say that I don't absolutely appreciate all the positive feedback I have received through this project. I absolutely do! It has been really incredible to see such appreciation for this project.

*If* that were to change in the future, I will definitely announce it.

I have done a ton of research on the blazer, and I am working on a new mock up. If I can find a reliable source for a herringbone I like, I may do a run of those. But right now, the trench coat isn't on the table.

Thanks for the words !

I can confirm as of now that I can not do a run of Trench Coats. Now, that's not to keep them exclusive or anything. They are just a ton of work, and it was the agreement I made with the member I started the project with.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are updated jacket designs that come out soon. Seeing how Magnoli has recently released their version of what they call the Nexus shirt, and how there is a new show in development, I foresee a lot more makers diving into Blade Runner.

Unfortunately, I just don't have the resources to scale production much, if at all, specifically with some of these pieces. There are many other makes - Magnoli, Zlurpo, Cossky (or whatever they go by now) etc, that have access to production floors, milling, dying, etc. I am a one man show.

That's not to say that I don't absolutely appreciate all the positive feedback I have received through this project. I absolutely do! It has been really incredible to see such appreciation for this project.

*If* that were to change in the future, I will definitely announce it.

I have done a ton of research on the blazer, and I am working on a new mock up. If I can find a reliable source for a herringbone I like, I may do a run of those. But right now, the trench coat isn't on the table.
So I'm probably just shooting myself in the foot here, but in terms of scaling--would a partnership with one of those makers/tailors down the line (maybe Jameel Ur ) be possible to mass produce these? He seems to have the means to make these in masse, and you've obviously got the patterns down pat. I know for sure I want a Deckard coat proper to wear--not as a costume piece, but for the rainy seasons.

So I'm probably just shooting myself in the foot here, but in terms of scaling--would a partnership with one of those makers/tailors down the line (maybe Jameel Ur ) be possible to mass produce these? He seems to have the means to make these in masse, and you've obviously got the patterns down pat. I know for sure I want a Deckard coat proper to wear--not as a costume piece, but for the rainy seasons.

I have been poking around for resources for producing another item, not Blade Runner related.

However, I can not do that for the Trench as I have an agreement to not produce them outside the few I am doing with the partner on the project.

View attachment 1547704
That looks incredible!

However, I can not do that for the Trench as I have an agreement to not produce them outside the few I am doing with the partner on the project.

Well, if they are reading these posts, why not release him from this agreement? The other practical reasons for not doing a run are one thing, but this just seems like an arbitrary limitation, to what end?

I have been poking around for resources for producing another item, not Blade Runner related.

Such an amazing thread- its all breathtaking-I still yearn for this whole suit/jacket.Really, really fabulous work Sir!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back