Rick Deckard Blade Runner 1982 - Soup to Nuts!

I'm loving all your work on this. Compared to just about every other replica out there, you've managed to make the coat look more like a real garment rather than a costume piece--which is really the ideal outcome, isn't it?
Thank you! That is really high praise. The biggest compliment on my Han Solo parts I did for a fella was that he felt like he bought Han Solo clothes, and not a Han Solo costume.

Don't forget, actors who are versed into "The Method Acting" will wear their costume(s) for weeks, prior to principal photography" trying to move normally into their screen costume, to make the way they walk and look, as naturally as possible...and H.Ford is one of those actors ;) Extras don't have the opportunity to do the same thing...

Don't forget, actors who are versed into "The Method Acting" will wear their costume(s) for weeks, prior to principal photography" trying to move normally into their screen costume, to make the way they walk and look, as naturally as possible...and H.Ford is one of those actors ;) Extras don't have the opportunity to do the same thing...
I am definitely going to need to do this. Honestly I make a ton of costumes, but feeling comfortable in a costume is a whole other thing.
I refined the belt and trousers a bit last night, and I am really thrilled, especially seeing it on my dress form.
C9CA5E40-9EF6-4C52-B126-F9EB1BD29EB7.jpeg
2C88BDD5-DFC1-4965-86F5-14FC7489ADA5.jpeg

Being a completist, I am going to make Deckard's other ties as well I guess. Spoonflower messed up my last order, so I have a 25% off coupon, so why not...hah!
View attachment 1440808
Never seen anybody try to do the brown tie which I nickname the "music note" tie because the weird pattern on it reminds me of a musical note. I do have a black and white silk tie replica from Magnoli Clothiers and it is sweet, very elegant looking.

I've been following this build on Instagram. You've done a fantastic job! Your craftsmanship and attention to detail is top notch. One of my favorite movies and I love this costume.

And I thought your Solo soft pieces were good!

Taking things to a whole other level with this one, Adam. Amazing work. Bravo.

For the "W" tie, I suspect that the tie was knitted as a long flat rectangle with a mirror image of the main design.
When folded, the diamond, at the top of the "W", is cut in half in the final/finished version of the tie;)

I certainly agree - looks knit. It is a bridge too far for me to get these ones knit/knit them myself hah. I redid the "W" design a bit - think I am going add a bit of brown to it as well.

I've finally decided that when I get for a Blade Runner outfit for myself, besides the trench coat, herringbone jacket and black sneakers, I'm going to go with the Final Showdown "Triangle" shirt, red and grey square or black pyramid tie, and the dark brown pants that he wears with the pink and sea green shirt, all from Magnoli Clothiers. It may not be a combination that Deckard wore in the movie (he wore matching pants with the triangle shirt and black pyramid tie in the movie), but the matching pants just kind of would make me look weird. Would you say it's a good combination of shirt and pants?

Last edited:
I just put together an idea of what I want my outfit to look like minus the trench coat, tie and shoes. (forgive the crudeness of the concept, I quickly put it together in Microsoft Paint 3D) Let me know what any of you think.
Hi, I think this is the original poster's build thread, so you might consider starting your own build/question thread to better solicit the feedback you seek.

Brain Freeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:confused::eek:

I can't believe I forgot to check this scene. The main Blazer scene.

Good on ya!:love:(y)
That’s also the scene where Ford only mimicks taking the VK test out of the box...
Check closely, his hands are empty..

amazing work on thr outfit!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back