Revisiting the Training Remote

Re: Build Diary: Revisiting the Jedi Training Remote

Just read this thread and this will be my next project. Allready looking for all the parts/kits used.
So if anyone wants to get rid off some their parts, I'm your man

I've added this to my lists of 'Want to try to make'
It's No#7 presently, but I'll still start collecting the parts now
nice tutorial too mate
thanks

I've bought the AMT Kenworth T600A from Ebay, but now I'm wondering if it's the right one. Is everone else using the same model as in this picture?

T600A.jpg

I'm asking this because the rims on this truck are white. Noticed this after I bought it. Or does AMT have several T600A models?

I've bought the AMT Kenworth T600A from Ebay, but now I'm wondering if it's the right one. Is everone else using the same model as in this picture?

I'm asking this because the rims on this truck are white. Noticed this after I bought it. Or does AMT have several T600A models?

You bought the wrong model. You were close, but this is the one you need.

!BpMGusg!mk~$(KGrHqQOKiwEu,Ts9BLBBLqTb-k9Cw~~_3.JPG

Well, to tell you the truth, I think I'm going slightly mad right now :wacko. I checked my Ebay account again and it seems like I bought the right model, the one with the blue stripes and chrome rims. So, I apologize for my earlier post.

Can anyone tell me where to find the muffler baffle in the Tamiya Panther G kit (part#?)? I can't seem to find it. Or is it part of another kit?

Can anyone tell me where to find the muffler baffle in the Tamiya Panther G kit (part#?)? I can't seem to find it. Or is it part of another kit?

I'm usually the last guy to say this BUT...

READ this entire thread. Its all here, every last part to go on the remote. You might even discover you are using a different kit from an entirely different company of the same model at the same scale. I've even got a parts comparison, and chances are if I didn't make one... its not in the kit.

Oh and started the painting on mine last night...

but was trying to figure out how to capture a photo from the inside to show of the signatre. After a few terrible experiments with a rather large camera I realized what I really need is a tiny camera to go inside... oh right I carry one of those around all day (phone).

seekerinterior.jpg

I built it with one truck rim loose enough remove, revealing the signature. Can't stop there, Lorne may have built the original but I coudln't have built mine without our very own BrundelFly. He's the guy who decoded the parts for this thing, and was gracious enough to put his initials on the back of a part he sent my way. I'm thrilled to have both of their scribbles on there.

I'll complete painting, but avoid weathering for quite some time. Mainly because I'm avoiding my airbrush some more.

whoa...nice paint

i havent been able to touch my JTR for weeks. work has me swamped!!

Looks great! What did you use to trace the outline of the styrofoam?

:confused I think you mean styrene. Check the thread and you will find the answer to your question.

whoa...nice paint

i havent been able to touch my JTR for weeks. work has me swamped!!

Hey its only taken me 2 years.

In case anyone is wondering most white primers will be a very close match the Floquil Reefer White. The closest match is the Testors variety, but you'll have to deal with a very subtle almost eggshell texture. That is what I used, and managed to get it smooth, mostly. Touch ups with the Floquil paint are seamless.

My original color match for the small panels was Flint Grey, also a Testors color. However, keep in mind I was outside of the case the remote was in (lighted differently inside the case) and this thing is from at least 1976.

Every article I've read concerning the ANH shop in Van Nuys indicated they were using Floquil paints for a lot of the finishing. I'm carrying this logic one step further. If you were at the hobby-supply wanting to paint a panel a primer grey which Floquil grey paint would you pick first? Primer for the little panels. If you were to assume it yellowed slightly over the years, then it would look just like the Flint Grey mentioned earlier.

The wash on most of the remote contains obivous red/brown pigments. The images I've got indicate its the same color used around the rims. This also effects the panel colors.

Not to mention the panels are all very thinly painted. Almost as if the paint was applied like watercolor. The rectangle panels on the equator are a different shade of grey, but very diluted. I'm using the Haze Grey from the Tamiya line, which is curently the closest color match to the original TIE. It is my best guess... most of the ANH stuff seems to utilize the same color-set.

Last edited:

Almost done.
photo2.jpg

Also using some Reefer Yellow in the wash on the top parts.

incrediPAUL , besides being talented you are an incredibility patient person for advise , tips etc . I'm going through the threads and taking notes for a future build..lol

Thanks for the compliments propologist. Love that avatar, btw.

Hey that's all I've been doing around here for years. You should see my Y Wing text file, yikes its a mess.

I'm more of a project oriented builder and as a result I don't often get a chance to give much back here. I'm not interested in owning already finished pieces anymore, so anyone dropping into my threads can expect thorough coverage of whatever I'm working on. Its the least I can do, and again thanks to those who have made this possible. AND thanks for still having my remote in the Studio Scale category, I know its borderline prop at 1:1 scale.

Now, been trying to get in the habit of not posting until there's something to see. Maybe next time.

Excellent work! This is going to be my next project and there is a lot of useful information here. Thanks for posting this!

I'm having a very hard time casting some of the parts. I've already posted a thread in the junkyard but might as well ask here too. Can anyone help me out with these parts:
Tank Hatch (8x)
Hatch Cover (8x)
U Brackets (16x)
Gun Port (8x)

Here's a pic of what I have so far:

_DSC9090_resize.jpg

Hello I'm new in this forum and I say hi to all you prop lovers out there! Hey I like this forum smileys, they are so nice.

I have a question. Does anybody knows what is the exact measure of the original Jedi Remote sphere? What I mean is the original sphere size only, not the size with the greebles, only the sphere.

I heard that the Master Replicas one is about 6.25 inches but I don't have any confirmation of this and I don't know if that is the size with or without greebles, only that it is about 6.25 inches in size. :confused

The reason I ask this and this is a bit off topic so I apologize for that is that I did a 3D model of it in Blender recently and I want to know the correct size of the sphere to scale it properly cause in the new Blender you can specify the size in inches and in the older one I could specify inches as Blender units.

Check attached picture.

It is not textured yet, it's only the 3D mesh with some materials applied to it cause it is still a work in progress.

If you want to see the picture with less compression you can use this link instead:

http://a.imageshack.us/img807/7920/jeditrainingremotenotex.jpg

I wanted to ask you guys cause some of you have a lot of expertise on the model.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back