Revamp Spidey Costume for DragonCon 2014

dudeinthemoon

So i went to DragonCon last year as Scarlet Spider, however, mine was a lot less faithful i guess. It was more of a modern take on the classic costume. I was hoping I could get some opinions or suggestions to see if i can improve the costume any for this year's DragonCon.
1174709_10151681577522955_1265770772_n.jpg
So i used a plain maroon morphsuit as the base of the costume. I took one of my old hoodies and some fabric paint and painted that spider on there by hand. The "web shooters" were made up of old CO2 cannisters i had lying around from my airsoft guns and were secured to the morphsuit with velcro. And the mask, its just a plain mask i found on amazon, its actually quite good even without a face shell. Not sure if i should still get one though. Lemme know what you guys think!

Last edited:
Wow that's pretty good. I had the same idea for my scarlet spider costume that I'm working on. I'm going to be wearing similar pants with my suit. I started the front spider today.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back