Need Spandex Dyeing/Re-coloring Advice For Spidey Cosplay

dmcghee7

C51C4877-1732-48BC-8F80-6AF48C79B005.jpeg
Hello! I’ve ordered a TASM2 cosplay on both colored fabric and standard white fabric. My plan is dye the white sections blue myself, essentially turning it into colored fabric myself. The white fabric is already dye sublimated dark blue, but I want it to not fade when stretched.

I’m not all too sure on the best way to do it. I can’t find too much information on over-dyeing a Spider-Man costume. Is there a specific method that would work best? Should I just use fabric paint and hope it bleeds through well enough to prevent fading?

Would appreciate any advice I can get

View attachment 1673797Hello! I’ve ordered a TASM2 cosplay on both colored fabric and standard white fabric. My plan is dye the white sections blue myself, essentially turning it into colored fabric myself. The white fabric is already dye sublimated dark blue, but I want it to not fade when stretched.

I’m not all too sure on the best way to do it. I can’t find too much information on over-dyeing a Spider-Man costume. Is there a specific method that would work best? Should I just use fabric paint and hope it bleeds through well enough to prevent fading?

Would appreciate any advice I can get
You'll need an airbrush to overdye an already sewn suit.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back