Resources for blueprints?

drmoreau

Just wondering if there was such a thing as a repository with blueprints for many of these scifi weapons & props. Sure would make things easier.

Typically I prefer to just make something unique, but there are also a few movie props I'd like to recreate so something like this would help. Thanks!

already seen that one, there doesn't appear to be any scifi weapons though. scifi ships and regular present-day weapons, but not scifi weapons.

I think you will find that most sci-fi weapon prop building go off movie screenshots and photo reference more than any definitive blueprints.

well, not even blueprints. just figured there'd be a nice neat repository of "silhouette" type files somewhere to at least cut out basic shapes from.

not really. was hoping to find a treasure trove of these types of things and maybe get some ideas from what I saw there.

You can make yours friend,
Actually i'm using adobe illustrator to make the blueprints for cutting etc.Searching some photos of the props that you are building would help you and than using illustrator draw the lines of the photo( i prefer pen tool) with this you can make vector based drawing.Then print it.I think this is the one of the best ways to do it.

yeah, i typically mock stuff up in either Photoshop or 3dsmax.

not a big deal, just figured if there was a good resource for this type of thing it'd be nice to know about it ;)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back