Resin Swords and Resin Two Tone Guns

DevilPool

Greetings and salutations one and all. DevilPool here, and I joined this community only today honestly to seek out some information from people
who might be able to answer me, as google lead me here and can't help worth a damn.

My question is about resin weapons and UK law. Now I am from the UK, I know the laws about most weapons through research there abouts, and
through double checking and even bookmarking necessary pages. But one thing I haven't found any information on is resin weapons.

I finally have a chance to complete my DeadPool costume, mask, swords and all of them perhaps very soon, and so before I start buying at all
I wanted to make sure about a few things.

It is illegal to own an imitation firearm in the UK, this I know but I know two tone guns are legal especially as props which would be the only reason
I bloody wanted them in the first place. I know someone who makes custom resin guns as props, and I can perhaps soon afford them. He's even fine
making it extra two tone (Red and Black) and adding the classic red tip so people know it is fake.

I also know someone who professionally can make resin swords with weight for prop and cosplay work which is ideal as mine are wood as well but
are falling apart after a couple years and people constantly trying to fight at events with them, much to my constant and blunt telling off for stealing
my weapons.

The full description of the swords is as follows:

38 inches long Stainless steel rod inside each sword to add realistic weight and stiffness. Blades are coated with epoxy resin for a durable finish.

My question is quite simple: Anyone know if this is going to get me some unnecessary trouble just for a blasted prop or can I go ahead and complete
my costume finally?

Again they would be two tones as concerns the guns and made of resin as well, like the swords save for the metal rods. Any information would be
appreciated as I have been trying to find these props for years, quite literally. Most are cheap imitations and break and or are so expensive they could
be made of gold. I know for a fact at the events I go to, the two tone guns at the bare minimal are allowed, I've seen people with real looking weapons
at these things but I wanted to double check.

hi devilpool,i have bought airsoft guns from asia with no problems getting them through uk customs.these are not two tone and are almost indistinguishable from the real things.more expensive than resin copies.i also own katana's which I bought in the uk some years ago.;)

hi devilpool,i have bought airsoft guns from asia with no problems getting them through uk customs.these are not two tone and are almost indistinguishable from the real things.more expensive than resin copies.i also own katana's which I bought in the uk some years ago.;)

Firstly cheers for responding didn't think anyone would actually see it :lol:

See that must be unique then because the guy who's selling mine has two tone ones and has had issue getting
them through customs before ironically but is willing to try. These are black and red with red tip resin guns, if they
can cock like a real one I'll buy them the moment I am able, because I ain't found ones that look this good in ages.

As for the katanas you're not allowed them supposedly in the uk if they meet certain restrictions, mine are wood
and soon to be resin ones so that's taken care of. So you would wager there shouldn't be any issues?

i'm a big john wick fan so need guns,lots of guns. got mine from AsiaAirsoft.com-Airsoft Retail & Wholesale Shipping Store never had any problems mate.
warrior 002.jpg
JW3 005.jpg
jw pics 002.jpg

Considering that it's legal to own genuine antique swords with sharp blades, sharpened and functional replicas, blunt trainers, and nylon trainers in the UK, I think that resin replicas would be quite legal.

i'm a big john wick fan so need guns,lots of guns. got mine from AsiaAirsoft.com-Airsoft Retail & Wholesale Shipping Store never had any problems mate.View attachment 1285174View attachment 1285175View attachment 1285176

Huh nice pieces, I didn't mind the John Wick movies myself, not an actor fan in general as don't do dudes, but Kianu
Reeves is decent somewhat.

If I tried getting those through customs into UK and then using them for cosplay I'd be shot within seconds and arrested
if not, that's how life works round here for me. Never been arrested yet but I would get stopped and have done due to
wooden swords even.

Considering that it's legal to own genuine antique swords with sharp blades, sharpened and functional replicas, blunt trainers, and nylon trainers in the UK, I think that resin replicas would be quite legal.

I would have thought so as well, but honestly I have to always check because that 0.01% will always come crashing
down on my arse and never gives me a break even if no one else gets it. It could be 100% legal to own a gun in UK
without a license and if I had one they'd arrest me on the spot, despite never being in trouble with the law in my
life to my knowledge.

swords aren't an issue to own in the uk (i have several real swords and a couple of fakes too but i only keep them for display) but dont try walking down the street with one - but resin sword well if it looks like a real sword you might still get into trouble in public with it

the guns well you can buy toy guns so as long as it has the bright orange tip i doubt it would be a problem

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back