Resin Sphere Mold "The Fountain"

Medley365

I hope I am posting this to the right place....
I am Making a model I want to encase in a solid clear sphere my ideal size for the sphere is 200mm in diameter
Do you know where I can get a 200mm resin sphere mold or something that will work to make a sphere in resin without a lathe? I've looked all over 100mm seems to be the largest available that I can find . it would be great if i can find one similar to the one pictured.

s-l1600.jpg
I am going to use it to make the Tree Ship from "The Fountain"
the-fountain-movie-image.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated.

I am considering making my own mold using a sphere cake mold (aluminium) , leaning towards metal to avoid it reacting with different plastics but sealing the 2 halves together may be problematic I doubt duct tape will do
12b6c671-4ba0-4691-830b-85a6fcf07038_1.af8239924e62cdc860bdbda4005c8f69.jpeg

Atlas stone molds are expensive and are embossed with slater and the weight . I just cant figure why no one has a an approximate bowling ball mold for sale. Looks like I'm going to build one

Print a 200mm sphere with break/fracture lines on the outside of the sphere that are designed to easily break so you can peel it off. Coat inside with release agent, use Smoothcast 325 to make semi-clear sphere. Cut out a little cheat hole to put stuff inside. Seal with clear epoxy when done.

You can also look at security camera domes. Buy 2 in whatever size you want to mold a sphere.

Don Mac.

You can also look at security camera domes. Buy 2 in whatever size you want to mold a sphere.

Don Mac.
Amazing Thank you!!!!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back