Resident Evil Vials andGun display

Flagg

Sr Member
Ever have one of those "Easy" projects that just refused to come together right for you?

This is one of those. The blue vial went together without a problem. I wish I could of gotten another twist in the rods but all in all not bad. the green one though, I had to reshape it like 6 times and it still didn't fit right and would always just touch the inside of the tube so the paint would scrape on one edge of the rod. I eventually gave up and just put it together.

The gun was ok, but there's scratches on the other side where the logo was that I couldn't get to come out right. They did on one side fine, but not the other.

I was happy with the molded inside of the case. Hopefully the person getting this won't be as picky as me and will just leave it in the case where you can hide many of the sins I made putting this together.

423580_3367934679496_1303071639_33479344_1336915207_n.jpg

396568_3367939159608_1303071639_33479345_1668085744_n.jpg

I actually just picked up one of those guns and am painting it thanks to your inspiration. I wish i had a clue how to make the vials.

Very nice, I try to make some viruses, too... But it looks like clear tubes are not the beyt to use... Maybe just some green and blue stiff cables...?!?

Very nice, I try to make some viruses, too... But it looks like clear tubes are not the best to use... Maybe just some green and blue stiff cables...?!?

Honestly I think the clear rods would look better if I had a thinner dowel to wrap them around when I was heating them. If I could of gotten a tighter twist with one or two more rotations it would of been better.

I originally was trying to use a heavy aquarium tube filled with blue liquid but the twist never would stay right and it would hunch up. At least with acrylic it would basically stay where you told it to go.

Re: Resident Evil Vials and Gun display

I actually just picked up one of those guns and am painting it thanks to your inspiration. I wish i had a clue how to make the vials.

Cool! What are you using for the barrel on the gun?

I bought clear polycarb tubing and acrylic rods from amazon.com and pvc end caps from home depot. I had to sand down the inside of the end cap a bit to get everything to fit together. I used floral foam wrapped in tinfoil for the inside plug of the tube.

Im sure someone out there has an easier way to go at this. I just wish I had more time uninterrupted to do this thing as it seemed like I had ten minutes here and ten minutes there to put it together. It kinda shows. :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back