Replica WWI Jager Pistole .32ACP

Nick K

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi there.
It has been a while since I have posted anything here so I thought I would share with you my current build that I started a couple of days ago.I was watching a gun clip on You Tube about the Jager Pistole and thought that it would be an interesting build as there weren't too many made ( about 2000 so it is rare ) and there aren't too many components to it and it looks pretty straight forward to me as a build. I went on the Net and saved some pictures of the pistol and then took two of the side profiles in to get enlarged to about the right size.

IMG_1215.JPG 81dVMpU4-HL__SL1500_.jpg

After that had been done I decided to make the side frames out of styrene plastic and the rest of the gun would be made from MDF and Aluminium. I traced the open side frame onto the plastic and putting another one with it, cut them the two out on the band saw as this was quicker than using a hobby knife. After that was done and the holes cut out, I then glued some more sheet to the inside rear part of the frames to increase their thickness as per the original.

P1080851.jpg IMG_1217.JPG IMG_1220.JPG

And that is where I am up to at the moment. The next step is making the front and rear straps from MDF, so stay tuned.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. Yes it is an interesting build and I can't wait for the end. I've been quietly working on the front strap and will load pics when this component is finished. Stay tuned.

IMG_1225.JPG IMG_1226.JPG IMG_1228.JPG IMG_1227.JPG
Well this is what I have done so far. Still needs tidying up and sanded to a smooth finish, but it will look good. As you can see, I have started applying super glue to it to seal it.

IMG_1327.JPG IMG_1333.JPG IMG_1331.JPG IMG_1329.JPG

As you can see by the pictures above, it is coming along nicely. The trigger was cut out of MDF and laminated with plastic either side and sanded. The forward locators were made from a strip of brass sheet, cut to shape and bent in a vice and glued in a rebated section cut in the MDF. This was then filled and sanded smooth.

Hi all.
As you can see by the next lot of pics, I have been busy. I've cut out the rear strap out and have got it to this stage. Drilled the hole for the safety and realised that it was in the wrong place, so filled it in and re-drilled it in a more accurate location. Looks a lot better. Laminated thin plastic sheet to the sides to mate up with the frame sides and it locks in nicely when closed. Made the safety catch the same way I did for the Beretta 1934 and it came up good.
The next step will be the slide which I have started by cutting out the pieces. (Till next time.)

IMG_1361.JPG IMG_1364.JPG IMG_1366.JPG IMG_1367.JPG IMG_1368.JPG IMG_1369.JPG IMG_1377.JPG

Well I've been busy today and have made some more pieces. Mainly the breech block which is made from a piece of MDF. I cut it to size and carved grooves in it and fitted a ball point pen spring to the inside slot for the firing pin. The pin itself is a section of a Galvanised Clout 2.5mm in diameter and cut to size. After checking the pictures of the real block, I am quite happy with it so far. (see pics of original) I've just got another slot to make and that is all I am going to do on that. It fits in the slide beautifully and works a treat. *I get goose bumps when things come together*

IMG_1396.JPG IMG_1397.JPG IMG_1398.JPG IMG_1395.JPG
P1080880.jpg P1080871.jpg P1080874.jpg

The usual Super Glue which really absorbs into the surface and dries to a hard finish. The surface feels a little rough, but then you sand it down with a fine wet "n" dry sandpaper and you will get a smooth finish. I only use a cheap one, but there maybe alternatives out there.

The usual Super Glue which really absorbs into the surface and dries to a hard finish. The surface feels a little rough, but then you sand it down with a fine wet "n" dry sandpaper and you will get a smooth finish. I only use a cheap one, but there maybe alternatives out there.

Have you considered Minwax Wood Hardener?

No I haven't BAK55. I can get it through a company here called Fishpond, but they say it is unavailable at this time. Comes in a 1 pint metal bottle with a screw on cap. Looks like it might be worth a try. Thanks for that. Certainly would be cheaper than Super Glue.

Well the slide is finished. Laminated some thin plastic sheet to the sides to increase the thickness and cut strips to replicate the grip surface. Then I cut some thick strips in two different lengths and glued these to the rear top of the slide to form the base for the rear sight. Once the glue was dry, I then mixed up some filler and applied this all around the blocks so that it could be filed and sanded to shape. I then used a flat file to cut the sight groove in. once finished I sprayed the slide with auto grey primer. As can be seen in the last picture, the primer has shown up areas that need filing.
IMG_1399.JPG IMG_1400.JPG IMG_1401.JPG IMG_1403.JPG IMG_1406.JPG IMG_1407.JPG IMG_1409.JPG IMG_1414.JPG

Thanks everyone for the positive words. LukaFilm, I just looked at your Aliens pulse rifle build and was very impressed with what I saw. Did you ever finish it?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back