remember when Nicolas Cage tried to be a serious actor...

joker-scar

is it just me or are you sick of seeing Nic Cage making these "i gotta make a ton of cash to pay for my juvenile rock star lifestyle"...i liked KICK ASS but what else for a few years???????

no...I don't remember..was that around the same time Jim Carey tried being serious?

I won't deny he's been in some movies I've enjoyed, but he's always been Nick Cage in a different toupee. I can't believe they are making a sequel to Ghost Rider.

my-hair-is-a-bird-argument-invalid.jpg

He seems to be just making movies to earn a living. Nothing wrong in that I guess considering the alternative.

I've never really enjoyed his movies..except one "Wild at Heart" and I can tolerate him in "Rumblefish".

Unfortunately, and this is just my opinion, his voice is too annoying, just like Keanu Reeves. Just can't take them seriously.

The worthwhileness of Nicholas Cage's films are inversely proportional to the level of badassery that he tries to portray.

Adaptation and Leaving Las Vegas -> Awesome
Ghost Rider and The Sorcerer's Apprentice -> Horrible

I remember hearing that he was being considered for the role of Superman in Superman Returns. That movie wasnt great, but I liked it. I thought Brandon Routh was excellent. Can anyone imagine Cage as Superman?

I remember hearing that he was being considered for the role of Superman in Superman Returns. That movie wasnt great, but I liked it. I thought Brandon Routh was excellent. Can anyone imagine Cage as Superman?

That all started when Tim Burton was going to make the movie back in the 90's

How sad is it that 'The Rock' directed by the action director so many people love to hate, may have been one of the last times he was not a 'action hero' type :)

I saw the trailer for Drive Angry and just rolled my eyes. I feel like you shouldn't have to try to hard to make someone cool... either they are or they aren't, and most of the time Nicolas Cage isn't. I think he was great in movies like 'The Rock' because he was a hero by accident. However, when he tries to play it straight or play it as a tough guy, it just always comes across as silly to me. But for unknown reasons they just keep trying to jam him into that mold.

I liked him in Lord of War, but I thought Ghost Rider was horrible it was so cheesy, I really hope that it was a low budget film, at least it then has an excuse.

I know Art doesn't like him much at all but I really do. Loved The Rock, loved Con Air, loved Face-Off, loved Gone in 60 Seconds. I don't mind the fact that he is pretty much the same in most of his movies but I know it drives art batty.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back