Red Skull Costume **Full Costume Test**

BornKilr

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here are a few early pics of a Red Skull costume I'm working on for DragonCOn in September. I tend to like the old-school version and decided to try to tackle it instead of the movie version. Besides, after seeing MrBungle's incredible silicone mask and Decaturvader's sweet costume, i figured any attempt at that would be disappointing.
So I looked around online and found a really cool version of Red Skull by a 3d artist, Sven Juhlin. Here's a link to his site: daybreakCG - HD Gallery Be sure to check out the Capt. America and his other characters also.
I could only find 2 pictures of his character on the web, so I found his name and decided to email him to see if he had any other pictures, different angle, etc. Within several days, he emailed me numerous hi quality shots of CG head- just what I needed to try to begin sculpting. Its always refreshing to find people who are so ready to help a fellow artist.
So this well be my attempt to do justice to his version of Red Skull.
Here is the beginning of the sculpt on my life cast and a few shots with cap to check the size and look.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm currently making more teeth to finish checking the mouth part. Still working on hoe to do the eyes that allows me to be able to see decently. I'll post more progress when available.

Last edited:
Re: Red Skull Costume WIP

Finally got around to casting a bunch more teeth so I'll be able to resume sculpting the face piece for this. In the meantime, I've been tweaking the costume part. As mentioned earlier, I'm going for the classic Red Skull, so I've modified an existing uniform to approximate an SS tunic.
attachment.php

I looked at buying one of the excellent repros I found online, but they were pretty pricey. Not to mention I don't want to wind up on any government Neo-Nazi Watch Lists.
I also made a Broomhandle Mauser prop to go along with it and hope to make a Cosmic cube if I have time.
c96-mauser-build-red-skull-costume-mauser2.jpg-54133d1306043787

Thanks, man. I figure, you've cornered the market on the movie version, so I better go a different route!

lol :lol
naa...mrbungle made me who I am and I just got lucky the China coat worked out. I'm not screen-accurate....but from the reaction I got this past weekend from kids; it is scary as all heck. :thumbsup

I'm also thinking of doing one like Sideshows statue:
Red Skull / Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Collectibles

but I got to save up some $$ first :angel

Got the rest of the teeth in place and figured out how to do the eyes (those are just paper cutouts in place for now). Started sculpting again but not happy with the shape of the eyes right now. Have tomorrow off and going to try to get some major work done so maybe I can be casting this by mid week.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Great work on the mask...and the rest of the costume. This is the version that I was originally going to do until I saw that SWEET movie jacket for sale. You're doing a GREAT job with this!

I am doing this uniform version using Bungles mask. I have the cig holder and I'm making the cube and a skull cane. Love the creepiness of your mask.need to add a monocle lol

I am doing this uniform version using Bungles mask. I have the cig holder and I'm making the cube and a skull cane. Love the creepiness of your mask.need to add a monocle lol
That ought to be a really cool combination. What are you using for your uniform?

I'm using a German m32 officer uniform. I found a seller on eBay shop2009mb who sales the tuninc and pants for decent price. It has the nice silver piping on the collar plus the big silver buttons and I have an unused pair of jackboots. My bud Heatshock hooked me up with the should boards and Sam Browne belt I just to get the hat and buckle and a few other items

I'm using a German m32 officer uniform. I found a seller on eBay shop2009mb who sales the tuninc and pants for decent price. It has the nice silver piping on the collar plus the big silver buttons and I have an unused pair of jackboots. My bud Heatshock hooked me up with the should boards and Sam Browne belt I just to get the hat and buckle and a few other items

So you got the real deal uniform. Id like to see some pics if you have them.
You don't happen to know where to get an inexpensive set of boots, do ya? Used would be fine. Since it'd be hard to get away with wearing jackboots around the house or to work, I can't justify paying too much for them. If not, I'll probably end up making some boot tops to go over my combat boots.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back