Red Hood Freehand Cosplay

ohheyitschris

Hello everyone! I decided I wanted to make a Red Hood cosplay so I started with probably the most important aspect of the cosplay itself which would be the helmet. This was made using a Deathstroke helmet pep that I had traced out on paper directly from my laptop screen. I got the file from this video here which is also a tutorial video on how to make the Deathstroke helmet. Initially I just traced out the half with eye socket on paper, and then moved those tracings to 3mm thick foam I picked up at Hobby Lobby. After putting together the mask I realized I traced it way too big to fit as a mask, so I converted it into this half-helmet sort of thing almost. I also took some creative leniency with the shape and design of the helmet as I was hashing it out to be a half helmet, and I love the design it came out to.

I used three coats of bondo on the foam without any fiber glass first (something I will not be doing again in the future), and it cracked in places since the helmet wasn't rigid as it was drying. After sanding it down with 100 grit sand paper I sprayed it with some red paint&primer combo I bought from walmart, detailed the black in acrylic paint, and added in the nicks and scratches in gun meal gray acrylic. Overall I love how it turned out, and I'm proud of myself on the outcome of my first ever helmet build. I know how you guys love pics so I have plenty to show!

IMG_6244.jpg
IMG_6245.jpg
IMG_6246.jpg
IMG_6247.jpg
IMG_6252.jpg
IMG_6253.jpg
IMG_6254.jpg
IMG_6257.jpg
IMG_6258.jpg
IMG_6260.jpg
IMG_6262.jpg
IMG_6267.jpg
IMG_6269.jpg
IMG_6270.jpg
IMG_6271.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back