Recognize Any Kit Bash Parts from this Lando Blaster?

Adding pics into this thread...
Thanks Brak's!

It seems this prop was made in-house by ILM for ROTJ.
I suspect the parts used come from kits that ILM was known to use during this time period.

The side detailing does look like tank tread, but does not appear to be the same 1/48 Panther tread used on the Thermal Detonator prop.
What other tank or treaded vehicle model might this have come from?

Necro-bump for an old post.
Maybe anyone has new insights by now ;)

Any information about model and scale of the possible donor-kit would be awesome.

Many thanks in advance.

Markus :)

The round thing on the slide looks like a transistor that's had it's top pressed in (I see a dimple on the top of it).

BTW: has anyone ever made a cast of the HK P9S? It'd be a lot easier to identify parts w/ a full-size replica to scale from.

Maybe I'm being a little narrow-minded because it's a gun, but the part in front of the trigger reminded me of the sight on a SPAS 12:
270530.jpg

Maybe I'm being a little narrow-minded because it's a gun, but the part in front of the trigger reminded me of the sight on a SPAS 12:
270530.jpg

I see the resemblance, but it´s definately not.

I found some help on a german model builders forum, specialized in tanks/ military models...we´ll see if they are right with the info they gave me ;)

SVS:
I´m glad I didn´t disappoint you :lol
I´d be happy to offer casts of the P9S or even full kits IF all parts have been identified :thumbsup

Markus

I'm hoping I can find a real one since H&K stuff is popular here. If it turns out they are hard to find here, which would surprise me, I'd go for a cast definitely. I, uh, still have something to finish first though... :lol

Too me the "mini rangefinder" looks like the base of a model cockpit. The part you innstall in the plane before the ejection seat goes in.
my 2 c

Rivera

Made some progress on the add-on parts.

The side detail is definately a piece of tank-track from a 1:35 model kit.
Check out the comparsion:

Collage-Kette.jpg

As you can see while I´m close with my find, it´s still not the accurate stuff, as the two rows of "teeth" are to small.

Maybe some of you model experts have a -vintage- variation of the Sherman M4 tank with the correct track!? Would you please have a look?

What about the other parts?
Any of these also from a tank kit?

Markus

What about the piece under it with the oval cutouts? Is that related to the piece on the Rebel Hoth pistol and Bespin Security blaster?

Made some progress on the add-on parts.

The side detail is definately a piece of tank-track from a 1:35 model kit.
Check out the comparsion:

As you can see while I´m close with my find, it´s still not the accurate stuff, as the two rows of "teeth" are to small.

Maybe some of you model experts have a -vintage- variation of the Sherman M4 tank with the correct track!? Would you please have a look?

What about the other parts?
Any of these also from a tank kit?

Markus

If I were you, and if you haven't done so yet, I would post that on a modeling site because armor modelers are detail crazy. I wouldn't think it would take long before they told you the exact kit.

I take that back. These are the same part for sure.

Are we able to pin down the exact measurements of this greeblie?
I already built a version to go with my P9S, but it´s too narrow and doesn´t have the inner details.

Markus

If I were you, and if you haven't done so yet, I would post that on a modeling site because armor modelers are detail crazy. I wouldn't think it would take long before they told you the exact kit.

Check post No.46 ;)

The track I posted in the comparsion shot was identified by some guys on a model-builders forum, specialized in tanks...STILL not accurate.

Markus

What about the piece under it with the oval cutouts? Is that related to the piece on the Rebel Hoth pistol and Bespin Security blaster?

I don´t have an idea where this detail is/ should be present on the Bespin/ Hoth blasters?! Got a pic to show?

Markus

You're the man with the P9S so only you can scale it ;)

As for the piece with the oval cutout... Have a look at your Bespin Security blaster. How many pieces with oval cutouts do you see 'cos I only see one!

Are we able to pin down the exact measurements of this greeblie?
I already built a version to go with my P9S, but it´s too narrow and doesn´t have the inner details.

Markus

Definately no parallels between this details and the one on the bespin blaster. And the reason for asking about the measurements of the part under the front barrel is, that no shot of the blaster shows its width :( the one I built back the days seems to be too small...

Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back