received my MP40

Nice Scmisser you have there. The Indy stuff looks awesome too. Just need a Nazi fanboy Indy photo in there (Indy with SS from Last Crusade or as the German Officer LOL).

Jason

Hello guys

received my MP40 full size in métal
here the photo display with my Indy gear and props.

Caplan

It is funny with Raiders of the Lost Ark as the MP40 (40 designating the first year of production) was not around yet when Raiders was suppose to take place. Schmeisser also had nothing to do or very little at all to do with the MP40. It took on that name from US GIs. There was though the MP38 before the 40 which was almost identical in appearance, yet the 38 was manufactured to much higher quality control and used machined parts etc... The 40 was stamped. Like the MG34 to the MG42, same story. There was also a rare variant which was the MP41 which used a stationary wood shoulder stock and then came the grand daddy of assault rifles, the MP44. I still have my demilled MP44 which i have been trying to move now for almost a year (signs of the bad economy).

My MP40 goes with my panzer ensemble as the panzer crews tended to carry MP40s in the tanks and armored vehicles as they were perfect for the tight quarters inside. A standard issue 98k Mauser would be to big and to cumbersome

Nice 40 and very nice setup you have put together for your Raiders impression! GREAT movie!

Thanks!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back